My First Portraits (Part 4)....last ones and you're welcome

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Right, so after I did my two portraits sessions and then the dogs to boot (you have looked at those bt now haven't you....geez, just do a search please) the whole family wanted some photos. What's a po boy to do?

1 - I got one shot where everybody's looking at the camera.
DSC_5965_edited-2.jpg

2 - Can't forget the dogs....
DSC_5972_edited-2.jpg

3 - No fart jokes this time, but whatever I said was funny.
DSC_5970_edited-2.jpg

Once again, I appreciate you looking, your indulgence and your patience. C&C of course.

nice colors. do you do continuous shooting?

I think they're pretty good, but I think that they could be a bit brighter...

Thanks petey ans ScottS.

petey - some of it was rapid fire, but not necessarily continuous shooting.

ScottS - I tend to underexpose and am working on it. Also I have just gotten a monitor calibrator but haven't adjusted it yet, which may be a great source of my woes. Thanks.

I set up the lighting for one and when eveybody came in, I freaked, forgot and fouled up.

Not sure what your settings are but here are my suggestions. If you move your subjects further forward (4-6 ftish) and use a shallower DOF you wont see all the wrinkles in the sheet.
Just be sure when you adjust your DOF that all your people are in clear focus :)
Are you using natural light? Cuz the shadow the woman is throwing on the man in yellow is just buggin me.

Your subjects are way too close to the backdrop in all the portraits you've posted. Love the expressions though, and the ones with the dog are great! What lighting are you using?

Thanks Sweetsomedays and photell.

I used an SB-600 and 800 with an umbrella and a reflector. When the group came in, it seemed they wanted to melt into the wall. I kept asking for them to move forward but....

Unfortunately, I didn't readjust the lighting positions for 4 people or the power. I'm convinced this lead to the shadows.

Your subjects are way too close to the backdrop in all the portraits you've posted. Love the expressions though, and the ones with the dog are great! What lighting are you using?

Micheal Moore in the Red Cap is in shadow and the BD isn't blurred out so you gotta move the peeps forward,... but I'd hire ya. Seriously! Would you like to come to Slovakia and do the casual shots for my wedding? [Expect a PM because I ain't giving the work to no Knob!] (knobs take note there's more to taking pictures than being up your own @ss and I'm writing as a punter here) P.S. you only get to do secondary offer on the job coz #1 is filled by local service. Wed is may 31, 2008.

I like your vibe and I like your honesty, I like your down to Earth realistic view on photography and the subjects, really what it's all about when taking picture of people (not people as products). Your shots aren't at the snob level, uber geek, or america's next top extra photoshop model level, but fuk all that really/realisticly. ALL Respect to peeps on ANTM :hail:

In these shots you have nice FAT colours. Real people doing their best for a photo (smiles are moderately cheesy but I have a horrible smile and couldn't do better so it's really good.)

I still think you can make serious stock money from the mad eyed pooch with the big eyes ;)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

Back