my first portraits

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some of my first portraits what could I do to improve, which one(if any) do you like best.. I'd be glad to get some constructive critics as I'm trying to improve my skills in this area...

so here are the shots:

fab1kl.jpg

fab2kl.jpg

fab3kl.jpg

fab4kl.jpg

http://www.spako.lu

I find it almost hard to believe these are you first portraits. They look great.

I find it almost hard to believe these are you first portraits. They look great.

Well I've done lots of stuff lately but never dared to do this kind of photography out of fear to get only bad results...I've done a very few shots of people before, but they mostly were candids ..

Ditto. Excellent job. Better than I could do!

I love the tones and exposure.

The only one I don't think is absolutely excellent is the last one, only because the expression looks . . . purposeless, I guess. The eyes closed and the mouth open makes it looks like you took the shot while they were talking or something.

IMO, if you have the model's eyes closed, it should be with purpose.

Of the four, 3 and 4, to my eye are the best. They cover the entire face, are nicly composed, and well lighted. I can not tell much about 2, and one seems choped off on the right.
The eyes closed mouth open in 4 makes a great picture to me. It gives a I am tired and ready to reast, I am glad I am finished, Lets think about this a bit- feel that really comes through to me. It is contemplative.
Nice job
Judge Sharpe

i like the last picture.
looks like she's in a deep thinking mode.

Wow, phenom photos.. I love the lighting and the textures..

Wow these are phenomenal. Love the texture and lighting in all four of these, I applaud you!

I must be honest though, when I first scrolled down, the first picture gave me a scare. =P Her expression is amusing, IMO, but with the dirty face and wide eyes it just kinda spooked me! I like 2 & 3 & 4 immensely though. I disagree with the others on #4. I think it looks really neat and... not posed. Like she's thinking. Very nice. Thanks for sharing! =D

Thank you :) actually in the last shot she's not thinking but much more trying to keep up with the burning hot wooden floor she was standing on ;-) we had quite some good weather here ;-)

a shower comes to my mind first.... :) sorry, had to be said. now with that said:
1.) Nice sharpness in the eyes. a tad blown out on the nose though.
2.) I like the contemplation effect... nice subject.
numbers 3 & 4, dont really care for. technically they seem good, but subject-wise, not happening for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back