My first post - Bokeh Love

martinsoler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
martinsoler.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is my first post to the Forum. I had some time this weekend and wanted to try out this bokeh experiment. I thought it was pretty cool. C&C welcome.

bokeh-love-chinese-bowl.jpg

See more info on my blog, when the post is up:
http://martinsoler.com/2010/06/03/bokeh-love-hearts-candles/

Love th idea, the shot itself is a bit lackluster. Seems out of focus, soft, and lacking in saturation.

Love th idea, the shot itself is a bit lackluster. Seems out of focus, soft, and lacking in saturation.

I don't agree. I think the softness works. If the bowl were too sharp, it would accentuate the fact that the lights are in the background and take away from the illusion that it's steam rising from the cup.

I like the composition and lighting as well. Maybe try cropping some of the bottom dark area out..that may help, the shadow is a little distracting.

I don't agree. I think the softness works. If the bowl were too sharp, it would accentuate the fact that the lights are in the background and take away from the illusion that it's steam rising from the cup.

hmmm i recant my previous statement losing the softness would take away from the illusion... but maybe softness was the wrong choice of words.. I dunno it just seems like something doesnt stand out to me.. like it hazy or something.

hmmm i recant my previous statement losing the softness would take away from the illusion... but maybe softness was the wrong choice of words.. I dunno it just seems like something doesnt stand out to me.. like it hazy or something.

the distracting blue reflection on the bowl. I am guessing a TV set but cannot be sure. Remove that and you have a very nice photo.

p!nK

i love the bokeh..very nice...cup cud use a lil more light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back