My first post C&C appreciated!

snipermonkey117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, so i thought i would share some of my stuff.
I think I'm at what you might call an HDR experimental phase so a lot of my stuff ends up as an HDR.

jagwheelhdr.jpg

jagcornerhdr1.jpg

jagsidehdr2.jpg

porscheemblemhdr.jpg

treeshdr.jpg

PurpleflowerHDR.jpg

angelhdr.jpg

windowice1.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about HDR at this point. Start by understanding the rules of composition and how to use lines.

I wouldn't worry about HDR at this point. Start by understanding the rules of composition and how to use lines.

What he said. Start with the fundamentals of content, composition and exposure, then move to advanced stuff like HDR

HDR is something I thought was amazing at first and then you slowly realize it cramps the photographs potential.

are you using multi exposures or are you just faking the hdr? it just looks dull and off to me.

I like the second shot of the Jaguar I believe. Nice colors on the car -somewhat a foggy effect but works with the atmosphere. The background is too distracting but not problem to fix that in post processing.

Also the horizon appears to fall off towards the right - level it right. But that would be a nice print to hang on the wall.

Oh and clone yourself out of the reflection of the bumper and of course all the branches in the background that are visible through the windows also have to go.

Just remember that HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. That means that its main use is in scenes where the camera can't collect all the light information in one shot adequately. For example, either highlights or shadows are clipped. In nearly all of these shots, HDR is unneeded because the dynamic range of the scene falls within the dynamic range of the sensor.

With that said, like others have said, do what JSD said first. Master composition, exposure and content first, then you can worry about messing with HDR.

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it, try to limit yourself to no more than 3 shots per post when asking for C&C. You'll likely get more responses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back