my first post (C&C please ) :)

Danyone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so im new on the forum and all my shots are takin with a nikon D60, if you have any advice for me on the photos or the camera id love to hear it. thanks for checking it out

Last edited:
hey welcome to the forum just a fyi myself and others don't like to click on links. if you could post them correctly it would be great :) then I can see those amazing shots :thumbup:

i know im sorry i didnt realize it untill i posted it and thanks

Welcome to TPF!

1) interesting idea...i think the photo would of been better if you saw where the tracks lead.
2) i like the perspective
3) over processed...too much saturation
4) seems like a snapshot
5) top blown out..would b cool if there were some cool clouds or sumething...
6) my personal favorite. love the composition. great capture!
7) out of focus

I like the way you see that. thanks for your input :)

I like your work. But when I saw #4 I immediately though... "Hmmm THAT would be awesome in black and white"....

So I did a quick edit using Gimp too see what it would look likw.

This was the result...

4709742903_4430c5b356.jpg

#6 is definitely the best one. The D60 is a decent camera for the price. Just make sure to keep the ISOs low to avoid noise. My business partner has been using a similar camera, the D40, since it first was released and he loves it!

I wouldve scrapped the posed shot in #6 and went with a picture of the moon/star more over the river. If it was meant to be in the shot then it tends to be more of a distraction and clutter but wouldve been a nice shot until its own.

i think the blown out sky in #5 actually adds to the photo.

Hey there, welcome to TPF! Enjoy your stay...
Here are my 7 cents:

More of the track (upper-left-side of photo) would have been nice...perhaps a tighter shot to get rid of the bushes above the tracks as much as possible...

Horizon is skewed, I like the motion blur but wish the road were going from one side of the frame to the other instead of straight up the middle...

Is my favorite...very grungy/punk-like...the over-saturation works with this composition in my humble opinion...very awesome shot...thank you so much for capturing and sharing this...I can't express enough how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo...

Top of her head is cut and she is looking straight at the bottom of the photo which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if there were more space below her gaze...

Would have been a cool angle but the blown out sky ruins it for me

Almost there, maybe leaving more of the bridge on the right-side of the photo to help balance might have been something to try...

There you are...if you had been more in focus, it may have worked better...

Keep up the practice...you have a decent camera.....

Last edited:
wow thanks guys :)
but let me explain a bit for
#1 i was a bit drunk that why the glasses were empty and the shot wasnt thought out well enough
#2 i had one fun time trying to bike, and lean back far enough to get the handles in the shot at the same time
#3 i over saturated it because of her skin tones, it was to make her pop more and look more white and to take away from the brick
#4 bus rider your right it does look better in b&w but i dunno what gimp is? :S
#5 I blew the top out for an infinite look and to bring the brick out just messing with the saturation
#6 well i may have gotten a better shot if my friend wasnt getting eaten by mosquitoes so badly that he refused to stay for more than 2 minutes
and #7 well yeah its just a snap of me
And i dont have any editing programs :( all i have to use is the crappy picture viewer editing options which isnt much so if you have suggestions on what i should get let me know

And thanks again guys it really helps hearing real crits from people who know what there talking about :)

#4 bus rider your right it does look better in b&w but i dunno what gimp is? :S

Well... Gimp is a free/Open Source photo editing software solution. You can download it HERE and give it a try if you want. Or you can buy Photoshop or Photoshop Elements or one of the MANY softwares that allow photo editing.

Most reactions

Back