My first post for critique....be gentle :)

turtlesoupt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well actually i would appreciate any and all feedback...good bad and ugly.

I took these yesterday ...i was going for a depression era look.

What do you think ??

10an.jpg

8an.jpg

7an.jpg

First one has a great concept, but it looks like you focused on the gate rather than the girl. I do like the narrow DOF, though. The second one is beautiful. The third one is nice, too.

I could not get the gate and her in complete focus ... i'm not sure how you accomplish that ????

Thank you for the comment!

I really like the last one, but would have been better if her feet were in in the frame and maybe you'd stood back a little farther for more of the background in the photo. Good work though!

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D50
Image Date: 2007:06:25 14:08:54
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 95.0mm (35mm equivalent: 142mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
Aperture: f/4.8
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix

Your f stop was 4.8. An f stop about f9 would give greater depth of field and both would be in focus.

I also like the concept. I agree with nealpage about the first. Number 2 has a depression look to it. Number 3 does as well but I would have liked to see the whole child if posibe and maybe would have cropped more from the top. Good concept and job well done.

Thanks everyone for the comments .... as for the feet being cut off well she had really hideous white tennis shoes on ...i was going to take them off for the barefooted look but there were a million ants!! Maybe next time!

Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back