My first post - What can I do?

Action Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_0291_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I am very new to the world of photography and this is my first attempt on panning. Any help on or tips on how to improve this photo. I was sitting way up in nosebleed with a telephoto lense.

Thanks for the input!

Excellent effort. I'm not sure which lens you used, but a better zoom would have been nice. You still get the same effect of a blurred background, and your subject would be prominent.

If this is just your first attempt at panning (holy cow! A first like this!) then nothing can go wrong in the future with your action photos, ActionMan! Congratulations on this.

Fanstic photo but I think it could be a little bit bigger;)

I guess I should explain. I took about 500 shots and only about a 100 came out. And I had about 2 or 3 that were very good quality. Live and learn.

I really appreciate the input.

Action Man said:
I guess I should explain. I took about 500 shots and only about a 100 came out. And I had about 2 or 3 that were very good quality. Live and learn.

I really appreciate the input.

LOL, hopefully you're shooting digital... :mrgreen:

If you're getting a hit rate of 1 in 5 on your first outing you shoulb be very satisfied.

Great job on the one you've posted, I'd like to see the bike slightly more towards the centre of the frame, but not a great deal. Cropping slightly may help, but you risk losing the ground, which would remove the context somewhat.

Well done though! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the input. :mrgreen: Here is one more picture I really liked.

DSC_0358_edited-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back