My first post!

Nik-e

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright, so first post on this forum, thought I'd start off with a picture from my last roll of film

peteshadow.jpg

And a self-portrait I thought was pretty spiffy:

nikkibw.jpg

Critizism welcome!

Hey Nik-e welcome to the forum.

I like your photos. The silhouette is really cool. I find a lot of silhouetted photos have backgrounds that are far too bright and sometimes distracting. In this photo the background has a mellow feel to it and you aren’t distracted by it.

Welcome to the forum Nik-e. First is good but the umbrella seems awfully blurred on the left side while the right is in focus.

Make sure and post your photo to the self portrait thread too :)

The city lights, if that's what they are, look amazing. Must agree the umrella looks a bit blurred. Still a good shot though. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum :wink:

welome to the forum!!!

let me be the first to say your a looker.

and i dig your photos as well.

bye
md

I didnt even notice the umbrella was fuzzy until you guys pointed it out. Now its driving me crazy.

Guess I'll have to head back up there and try again. Maybe on a day its clear so the city lights are more visably city lights :)

nikki,

what part of earth are you from. i was looking at your site(which by the way has great shots) and the sunsets look spectacular.

md

Nik-e said:
I didnt even notice the umbrella was fuzzy until you guys pointed it out. Now its driving me crazy.

Thus the curse of the critique. The silver lining? It will make you better.

Another lesson to be learned here is don't point out your own mistakes in photos you are showing to clients, etc... If you don't tell them, they'll probably never know. However, if you point out even small flaws they will fixate on them.

MDowdey said:
nikki,

what part of earth are you from. i was looking at your site(which by the way has great shots) and the sunsets look spectacular.

md

Im from the part of Earth known as Vancouver, BC. Don't really know where most of the people on the forum are located, so maybe I'll add the Canada.

Most of our sunsets look absolutly nothing like that. That was just a once in a life time thing, during which I grabbed a camera.

Most of the pictures on that site are just snapshots of friends and stuff, I'll get some more 'artsy' photography up there soon!

greetings nik-e,

cheers for sharing your photos.

the first shot is really cool - i've think you've heard the comments about being blurry, but the compostition is really cool! Where is it? What camera do you use?

The self portrait is pretty cool, aside from the fact the subject is attractive, its a very interesting shot. How did you take how and did you light yourself. Is it photoshopped?

And how long ya been playing the guitar?

Welcome and thanks for sharing....

You are off to a good start. While I don't particularly care for your self portrait style I do like the silhouette. I did notice the imbrella but the lines around the person is also very sharp almost making it appear superimposed.

Nik-e said:
MDowdey said:
nikki,

md
Im from the part of Earth known as Vancouver, BC.
Ahhha! I knew it was in the Northwet.

vonnagy said:
greetings nik-e,

cheers for sharing your photos.

the first shot is really cool - i've think you've heard the comments about being blurry, but the compostition is really cool! Where is it? What camera do you use?

The self portrait is pretty cool, aside from the fact the subject is attractive, its a very interesting shot. How did you take how and did you light yourself. Is it photoshopped?

And how long ya been playing the guitar?

The first picture was taken at a lookout point on a local mountain (Cypress Bowl). I used my Pentax ME super.

The self portrait was just kind of a random thing. I held the camera out in front of me and pressed the button. Thats about as far as the planning went. Now that I think about it, there was a window behind me, and a mirror infront. Maybe that did something fancy. Photoshopped as far as made black and white.

Playing the guitar about a year...still pretty bad at it, but its fun.

Hi Nik-E and welcome!
I really like the first one...fuzz and all.
You're obviously one pretty lady but in that second shot it seems as though your eyes are looking in diffferent places....probably my old eyes though.

Most reactions

Back