My first posted photo

Heather

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a photo I took in Jasper, Alberta last weekend. The weather was gorgeous (for fall) and the glacier water was completely still (until my brother fell in).
f46dd923.jpg

That's an awesome photo! I don't think I could get a chance to see water that still if I paid! lol At first site it looks like a mirrored, doctored photo because it's a mirror, but after reading... it was a great oppurtunity you grabbed ahold of, and it's awesome!

I've looked at this photo several times, and still haven't found one thing that I would change. So, since it's the critique gallery I'll just expound on what I like about it :) The colors a great, nice composition and and reflection really adds a nice dimention. What equipment are you using? You're got great clarity in this photo.

Thank you, Alison! I am using a canon 10d with the 35-105 slooow lens that came with my slr. I had a polarizer on, which brought out the sky.
I tried a whole bunch of compositions, and metered off a whole bunch of different spots, and this is my favourite outcome. I believe I metered off the far snow-covered mountain for this shot.
Thanks for your comments! :D
H

Awesome! I am a 10D user as well.

Hey Heather, thats a great shot! The colors and composition are great and the crispness and the calm of the water are damn near therapeutic! Nice work!

Spectacular! I can't find one thing that I would change either. Except for the fact that I wish I had the 10D :D

This shot is absolutely beautiful. Nice work.

Was it taken over by J.P.L. ?

Pretty close to the lodge, Big Mike. The photo is of Lake Edith. The mountain straight ahead is Edith Cavell.

Thanks for all your comments, everyone! :D

Briar-sharp and beautifully composed. Gorgeous area, too. Nice work!

Most reactions

Back