My first posted picture C&C please

Expyker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on a trip to Garmisch over the weekend and took this pic. I am still very new at this so please be kind:lol:

Photo is the original with no editing done. It was shot with Shutter at 1/100 and f6.3.

Edit: Why does it look so fuzzy on the forums? It looks way better on my computer.

IMG_0302.jpg

Edit: Why does it look so fuzzy on the forums? It looks way better on my computer.

I agree that it does look like it's out of focus or something. It could be photobucket lowering the quality of the picture when you upload it there. Try a Flickr (for example) account and see if you get better results.

Ok I tried to upload on Flickr with about the same results. I swear this picture looked WAY better on my computer.

Did you shoot it in JPG and are you re-sizing? Everytime you resave a jpg, you lose quality. Also, make sure it's expanded in your browser... the forum shrinks pics larger than a certain size and the shrinkage looks like crap, usually creating jagged edges. Expanded, it looks fine on my monitor.

Ah, true, I didn't pay attention to the fact it was being sized down. Looks better when expanded.

Looks to me like the composure could have been better. Its a bit off hoizontal, could be croped and fixed but It may hve been better to have less of foreground so the center statue is not dead center.
Nice subject

I'm usually against putting the subject in the center of the image, but it works pretty well here. But if you are going to center everything, then you need to move a step or two to the right, so the plant pattern at the bottom of the frame is centered too. And it is leaning down a little on the left.

It's a good start, keep on shooting.

Have Fun,
Jeff

I'm usually against putting the subject in the center of the image, but it works pretty well here. But if you are going to center everything, then you need to move a step or two to the right, so the plant pattern at the bottom of the frame is centered too. And it is leaning down a little on the left.

It's a good start, keep on shooting.

Have Fun,
Jeff

:thumbup:

To OP: I think you can improve the image a bit with a little rotation and maybe cropping it down some.

When you upload a fullsize photo and flickr or photobucket resizes it, they don't always do the best job and detail can be lost. If you really want them to look good on the photo-sharing sites you should resize them yourself and then upload (I don't usually care enough so I don't bother).

I agree with everyone about needing to be leveled etc. I also think that it needs levels/contrasts adjustments. Also, I think the shot would have been better if you had a super wide lens like a 10mm. And you could then get a little closer to the central subject ( the statue ) to pick up more of the details but still get the background as well. It would sort of exaggerate the statue a little.

Most reactions

Back