My first posting in Gallery Forum

iluvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is the first time that I felt that I have a photo that is worth posting in this forum. This is from my friends wedding 2 weeks ago. I like the lighting but I don't know if I should delete or crop the grooms shoulder from the right corner or not any suggestion??
251520179_b0fa2f08b2_b.jpg

Great picture, but like you said, I would crop it a little. On both side that is, I'm not sure you need all that frabric on the left.

edit
I did crop it in photoshop. I won't post it because it's not mine, but it does look a bit better imo. I croped out the guy's sholder and that black thing out of focus on the left. The attention is more focused on her beautiful smile and eyes that way.

Wonderful light - wonderfully caught in her eyes! She is ONE beautiful bride with the loveliest of smiles!

As to the suggested crop ... I did a test crop, too, but find that when you really crop off all of the groom's shoulder, there is too little frame left for the bride to look into. I found that if I crop off the black patch on the left and stay with a custom size of a photo (800x533, e.g.), I must leave some black shoulder in the frame so she has enough room to look into. I cloned that out in the end.

But since this photo has not been declared OTE*, I shall keep my test to myself, too. ;)

* okay to edit

The lighting is perfect! The catch light in her eye really enhances this photo along with the beautiful highlights on her face, hair, and the part of her veil over her shoulder. Very well metered! My only critique would be to crop the left side of the photo and maybe even an inch off the top as well as trying to clone out the groom's shoulder so that you keep that space in the direction she is looking. Overall this is an A+ image!

Thank you guys for all the suggestions... I don't know how to clone the shoulder. I agree that it would be better to leave that space than cropping it..
How do I mark my photo as OK to Edit. Here, I give the permission it's OTE. Please show me how to get ride of the black shoulder without cropping it.

NIcely captured. Excellent lighting ya got . You could always clone out the shoulder in Photoshop.

Well, this was my idea this morning:

iluvphotography_bride_myedit.jpg

Wow! This looks much better. Thanks. I have to learn more about Photoshop. I only know the basics.:(

I couldn't keep my mits off...

I think you need to keep the room on the right, so I did some cloning rather than cropping.

Nice shot!

Pete

Attachments

• $251520179_b0fa2f08b2_b.jpg
    $251520179_b0fa2f08b2_b.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 97
This looks great.. I really like the extra space on the right. It makes a huge difference. Thanks.

Thank you all for all your encouragement. I love photography but I am not very confident with my shots so to hear from all the experts that I take good shots (well one shot) it gives me confident and motivations!!

I really like the Origional, lovely quality, but mommyof4boys' edit is supurb. It really adds to the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back