My First Presentable Moon Shot.........

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well thanks for everyones help on this site I was able to get a good presentable shot of the moon. They will get better over time but I am just so happy I can see more then just a white dot in the sky....:D

FirstMoonshotedit2.jpg

Very nice... =) So were you on a tripod for the shot? I see by the exif you were at full zoom which is the 432mm equivelent...

No, I didn't get a tripod yet. I have been searching for one I really like. I am looking at the table top tripods for now.

I was able to get one steady photo with the camera against my chest. I shot this one at 1/40/F8.0, I used the manual focus which I only half pressed my shutter button to lock in on the focus then it took this beautiful photo. I mean, I know that it could be better but that will come with more pratice.

I do appreciate everyones help. I would of never got a shot like this.

It's pretty good for handheld. But still not nearly as focused as it could be. Movement blur is quite visible. Moonshots with long tele lenses demand support. The laws of physics. Get a tripod or a beanbag. Then do it again (use the selftimer) with support. Be amazed at the difference!

what sort of camera are you operating with? i tried a moon shot but my measly 3x zoom didnt enlarge it nearly enough.

Very well done - especially for hand held. Can't wait to see your progress

chris82 said:
Wow,That shot is beautiful old navy.

Thanks Chris. I was so excited about this one. I actually printed myself a copy and hung it up at work!

jophassa said:
what sort of camera are you operating with? i tried a moon shot but my measly 3x zoom didnt enlarge it nearly enough.

I just bought a Canon S2 IS. I love this camera. It has a 12x optical zoom.

megapaws said:
Very well done - especially for hand held. Can't wait to see your progress

Thank you. I will post another one once I get my tripod.

Much better than your first try! I think that if you got it steady on a tripod, you'll be able to get a better shot than that sample on Amazon (or whatever site that was).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back