My first Press assignment-KKK

awesome work....and extremely well captured!

thanks for sharing.

Those are amazing! Great shots. I think it's a good niche you may have found yourself there. I love all the emotion you captured. #7 stood out to me. It's amazing how the faces of the KKK in the picture are all smiling and laughing, as if the protest is all some big joke! The is a women even waving at you or the crowd! Good Work!

P.S. Did your local paper print any of them?

Eric. said:
Those are amazing! Great shots. I think it's a good niche you may have found yourself there. I love all the emotion you captured. #7 stood out to me. It's amazing how the faces of the KKK in the picture are all smiling and laughing, as if the protest is all some big joke! The is a women even waving at you or the crowd! Good Work!

P.S. Did your local paper print any of them?

It wasn't really local as I was dispatched out of Dallas. I'm not sure if anything will be printed. I am just uploading to SIPA. Fingers crossed.
Yes I agree. I was appalled by the amount of money this poor town had to spend on this little band of hooded thugs.
Thank you for your kind words.

Jeff Canes said:
Elsaspet good series, did you write captions for any of the photos
I'm still captioning. That is the hardest part! I never know what to write! Are you a PJ? Can you give me some caption tips????!!!

andreag5 said:
wow, i was surprised by the number in my state (PA). 32!

edit: once i clicked on the state i realized that a whole crap load are right in my area :confused: ...makes me sick

Ditto... 32 is a big number! Although as someone once said about Pennsylvania, "There's Philadelphia and Pittsburg and Alabama in between" (or something to that effect) ;)

elsaspet said:
You're preggers Alison??? Congrats to you and Hobbes!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Thanks. :D:D

2,10,16,and 18 are my favorites of this entire series. I'm still in awe in the level of emotion you have captured.

these are the coolest pictures.. and its strange to read where some people are not even sure the kkk exsists.... i have grown up in the south...i know they exsist..along with other groups that are less known and more secretive...humans constantly amaze me...
but these pictures are amazing in theirselves..if you didnt know which was which, you would have a hard time telling the good guys from the bad...the faces show the same anger...
i think the scariest one...the kkk guy standing with the others...#7 i think...and they are all laughing...the older woman is waving.. like its a parade...the show of the big guys arm around the cloaked figure...and the complete lack of humility or guilt at what they represent... that should scare everyone...
hate runs rampet in the world....doesnt it? great pictures...sad reason. great job on these... the emotion is almost a slap in the face...!!! really good job, girl..

JonMikal directed me over here! I'm happy to be able to view them all, Elsapet. It's a great series, very hard to view some of them because some of these people are so disgusting.

Not an easy assignment, and you did a great job. :thumbup: Good luck with getting them out there! :D

What an awesome series. You got come really strong emotions, and those kids are there, probably not by there choice...man...You did an amazing job. Very well done!!!!!

Most reactions

Back