my first pretend job

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend needed someone to take pics of her baby for her baptism party tomorrow. So I needed the practice and warned her that I'm not too good but she wanted me to do it.
I think as the child's mother she will like them but I know from coming here that I just got a picture of a baby, nothing more. But I do think they're better than the ones I took a few weeks ago of my own kids. You guys are helping me so much so I thought I'd post these to show my progression. Later, when I'm really good (lol) we can look back and laugh at me! :lol:

a4.jpg

should I crop the hand out - look how big it is!!! Looks creepy. But hten I think it'll be too close to her face if I take that much out.
a5.jpg

abig.jpg

alexandra.jpg

First you will get better as long as you keep at it. These are nice as snap shots #1 and #3 are the best of the group.

The selective color one is a really, not so good, conversion...it looks like you changed it to greyscale.

Next time you get to shoot a baptism you want to try to do a photojournalist type thing, like a wedding, where the pictures tell a story. having a few portraits is a good idea too, though.

maybe I'll mess with them if I have a little time.

Cheers,
Mike V

Oh, I shoulda made myself more clear I think - I'm terrible with communication through typing. I always think people just know what I'm talking about. LOL
I didn't shoot at the baptism, rather I shot FOR it. The mom wanted a picture to print out and have in a book for people to sign that were going to the party the next day.. I woulda loved to do the whole thing, that would be fun!
I don'y so much like the SC one either but her mom is a sucker for those and the grandma freaked so there you have it, lol. They dont see the stuff from this board to have comparisons of what they should look like.
Thanks for looking and for your input, as usual, I appreciate it! :D

I like the color images. Drop the Black and White.

Rusty Tripod

Most reactions

New Topics

Back