my first ps

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
do u think it turned out alright for a first time?
any suggestions?
george.jpg

oooh... i like them, both of them...the cat needs abit of cropping and more ears tho i think... but very good work... what camera did you use?

i like the second one, but go back and color where the light is going through the stone and hitting the wall too, to make it look like its the only thing thats color. also it may be just me, but it looks like you didn't color but a little more then half of the cats eyes

2nd was really good...but ooer it would be better if you could reduce the size a bit so we can take it all in by first glance... anyway that's just about the posting... very good work for a first shot...you should see my first ones, I wanna burn them all up right now .. :wink:

The shadow on the 2nd one would have also have an orangeish tint on it. Just a suggestion to make it more realistic.

The cat is nice but I think the effect would be better if you warmed up the black - just a touch of sepia. The blue eyes with the neutral black leans to far to the cold. Cat's are warm. Try it and see ;-)

That canon G5 does a fantastic job. Your photoshop isn't bad either. The orange shadow makes the 2nd shot more abstract because there's no such thing in reality as an orange shadow.

Great shots! I love the 2nd one especially with the orange shadow and tighter crop.

I also think the cat needs a tighter crop.

there's no such thing as an orange shadow but there is such a thing as light shining through a translucent orange object and creating an orange glow on the wall behind it. i really like the one with the stones, especially after the orange was added into the shadow.

whitney said:
there's no such thing as an orange shadow but there is such a thing as light shining through a translucent orange object and creating an orange glow on the wall behind it. i really like the one with the stones, especially after the orange was added into the shadow.

WOW! That's very perceptive, whitney. I hadn't thought of that. Now that you mention the glow shining through..... I kinda like the way the glow shines through the translucent black objects, too.

Because only the bottom prt of the cat's eyes are coloured, it seems that the cat is looking at something blue and the blue something is being reflected in the eyes. It's good.

How do you colour things like that in PS?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back