My first roll of film

AFarhat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, Im new to photography and have not wanted to spends lots of money on a DSLR. I finally got an old 35mm camera from my grandpa and absolutely love it. There is something I really like about film, as I'm sure the rest of you know. Im still learning what stops to use in different lighting and what shutter speed to use but it has been a blast.

Here are some pictures I got from my first two rolls of film, I would love some feedback on what I could do better, or some tips on getting better in general. Im very glad to have found this forum.

Hi. Exactly, what camera is it ?

Very good, what model ? What lens you do have on it ?
To me it looks like the camera's light metering system is a bit under exposing. It might be fault of modern, alkaline battery. Spotmatic was made for mercury 1.3 V batteries, the only close replacement is Wine cell.

Very good, what model ? What lens you do have on it ?
To me it looks like the camera's light metering system is a bit under exposing. It might be fault of modern, alkaline battery. Spotmatic was made for mercury 1.3 V batteries, the only close replacement is Wine cell.

I believe it is the 1000, due to having a shutter speed of 1/1000. The light meter is not working, so I was adjusting for exposure myself. I can't get the battery compartment open. I believe all these were taken with my 28mm 2.8 super-T.

Also, I just got a canon AE-1 Program from my uncle and can't wait to run some film thru it! Its amazing how much technology can change in 20 years, haha.

My Spotmatic also has a battery door that is stuck. Battery corrosion.

I'm having a weird sense that I commented - or that other people have commented - on these pictures but I don't see any comments before timor's. Specifically, I could have sworn I'd said something about cropping off the very top of the b&w shot to remove the bright lamp (the brightness distracts from the faces)...did I just think about posting this but never did it? Was it a separate thread? Did the comments somehow not come over from the old format?

I'm confused :boggled:

(And I really like the landscape shots.)

My Spotmatic also has a battery door that is stuck. Battery corrosion.

I'm having a weird sense that I commented - or that other people have commented - on these pictures but I don't see any comments before timor's. Specifically, I could have sworn I'd said something about cropping off the very top of the b&w shot to remove the bright lamp (the brightness distracts from the faces)...did I just think about posting this but never did it? Was it a separate thread? Did the comments somehow not come over from the old format?

I'm confused :boggled:

(And I really like the landscape shots.)

I do believe that a couple of these have been in other threads. However none had been given any comments. So I am quite happy to get some feed back, and no, Limr, you have not said that before. I think I would have remembered.

Battery corrosion has also been the culprit to my non functioning battery door.

Thank you for the input.

1&2 have good exposition, nice.

There's an app you can download for free on your phone for light metering.

I am learning photography and developing at the moment myself. Did you develop these or did you have to send them off somewhere? They are very nice photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back