my first self portrait (not photoshopped)

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
if you cant tell, i have my black light hanging above me and im just wearing an all white hoodie, F-5.6 with 1.3 second shutter speed, nikon D3000, if you want you can edit it to see if you make it better

DSC_0014-1.jpg

What if you take what you have learned here, about composition and cropping, and really look at your image and do what YOU think would make it look better.

Seriously, give it a good think.

What if you take what you have learned here, about composition and cropping, and really look at your image and do what YOU think would make it look better.

Seriously, give it a good think.
i tried photoshopping, in regards to brightness/contrast, dodging and burning, and a couple other things, ill see what i can come up with again and post it back

The best photoshopped images are the ones that started off as good images.
Composition is totally off. Centered subject, not even level...

work on the basics of a good image before you move on to more complex artistic stuff

Yeah, like the twinky said. You have something good to work with, now refine it.
No need for dodging burns.

Hmmm...Portrait or Landscape. Which would be better here?

Yeah, like the twinky said. You have something good to work with, now refine it.
No need for dodging burns.

Hmmm...Portrait or Landscape. Which would be better here?
portrait would be better than landscape, and now its darker outside and less light would be coming through the windows, thats wierd how it wasnt even level, i turned on the grid in he viewfinder and it was ligned up, mustve been the tripod, was the picture focused atleast? it was just the tilt?

Its kinda grainy, hard to tell the focus. Looks ok, but really, nothing stands out in the image.

Work on the composition, rule of thirds type of thing. Fill the frame more with your subject.

ok, heres a totally different picture, photoshopped, hows this one?

shoppedme.jpg

and its the blinds in the back that are slightly tilted, not the camera this time, i used a level for this one

Sorry, just not interesting. Looks like a photo that someone took with the WB setting all wrong. Top of head and shoulders are blown out. Looks noisy too.

Interesting idea...

Here's something that may help improve the image some, move the blacklight to a spot closer to the camera so that it lights up the whole front of you. The up your shutter speed to 1 second to help remove some of the blue due to the longer exposure.

See if that helps out some.

Interesting idea...

Here's something that may help improve the image some, move the blacklight to a spot closer to the camera so that it lights up the whole front of you. The up your shutter speed to 1 second to help remove some of the blue due to the longer exposure.

See if that helps out some.
ill see where else i can put the black light, so have it aiming towards me instead of down from above? i was trying to go for the dark shadowy sort of thing as well, ill try the 1 second shutter speed and moving hte light around

Much better as far as composition. I like the portrait orientation better. I think you tweaked the contrast too much on this one however. The original shot really showed how a black light glows, without blowing it out. The window is still not level, it's not just the blinds. It's less apparent in the second image than the first. But that's if you are going for absolute perfection. I disagree with bringing the light in front of you. Opinions. Heh.

Have you experimented to see what the black light glow looks like in black and white, or sepia toned? Keep experimenting.

Most reactions

Back