My first set of photos...C&C!

1 and 2 are my faves. if it were my picture i would cut out some of the water, where its just black, and i'd cut out a little bit of the sky.

on the 2nd it'd be stronger w/out the blown out sky. your composition is nice though on most of them.

And I thought I might add: the lens is adding your vignette, too. A nice effect in this photo, but maybe not so in future ones - just a little something to keep in mind.

Yea, I noticed that on a few of the horizon ones, how can I avoid this when undesireable?

The other comments about the horizon being curved/tilted, my bad, as soon as I DL photoshop that'll be my first fix. Thanks.

I like #3, maybe if the picture was a tad bit more OOF around the edges it would be better, but I like it.

Yea, I noticed that on a few of the horizon ones, how can I avoid this when undesireable?

The other comments about the horizon being curved/tilted, my bad, as soon as I DL photoshop that'll be my first fix. Thanks.

Well, it's your lens, so buy a new one! Splurge! :lol:

Other than that: don't zoom all the way to the end of the lens' focal length. Also, the curve in your horizon is coming from your lens, too. (So buy another lens!)

Well, it's your lens, so buy a new one! Splurge! :lol:

Other than that: don't zoom all the way to the end of the lens' focal length. Also, the curve in your horizon is coming from your lens, too. (So buy another lens!)

Haha, I wish, unfortunately, I spent most of my money on the setup I have now. I'm looking at Nifty Fifty in the near future though.

Mmm. The 50 is nice - and on your XTi it will come out to be roughly 75mm. Quite a nice focal length =).

really nice need some photoshopen but you got the eye which is a good start.
Keep it up

I like #1 and #2.
On #1 I would crop it to where the boardwalk is coming out of the bottom left corner rather than the side.

Thanks, yea, I've been working on focusing in more so I dont have to crop as much. :tup: for progress. New pics to come.

Finally did some editing on all the photos, here are the finished product. Lemme know what you think could be further improved/Compare to first post.(Note: I know horizons are still a little skewed, working on figuring out how to fix that.)
l_4d22c7b1c99e47b38d753a27b05cea-1.jpg

Metaldune1-1-1.jpg

coffeehouse-1.jpg

l_64b970fe963949c985b7320ff708ef-1.jpg

l_d29ba3ea59264a8f8cd2163ee8167b-1.jpg

Eh, I meant it to be noticeable, if I were to submit these to a contest/paper/ect I'd obviously take it out. I personally think in some of my other sports photos it flows quite well with it and doesnt really detract. To each his own I suppose.

Most reactions

Back