My first shoot with a model

1) Change the body position of your model (45 degree angle, etc.). Avoid the direct frontal mugshot look.

2) Exposure - background is very dark. Looks like you were shooting after dinner. Lighten up the background to show some color and texture.

3) Off camera lighting is the way to go. You can get more creative with additional lighting. But try to master posing first and working with natural light.

We all have to start somewhere. Congratulations on your first model shoot. She is a really pretty girl. With the right posing and lighting she can be a knock-out.

I did try a few like that I just wasnt happy with them to post them, but I will let you look at them. Here are a couple of them.

sidepotraitwithbluredit.jpg

sitting.jpg

We did alot of shooting and she was willing to try alot of poses. She actually layed across the top of a bridge, but the shots came out bad.

-Puma-

I have this one with different lighting but I havent had much time to touch it up. I have done a little bit to it, but havent worked on her skin very much at all.

But the lighting was much different in this one. I was going for backlighting on the hair.

backlightphotoshop.jpg

-Puma-

One thing is that she needs to learn how to apply makeup. She kind of went half and half on lips and eyes. She needs to pick one. In this particular case, I'd say she should focus on her eyes, and go a little more on them. Or, just forget both.

You did decently well for your first time. The first time I shot a model, I was falling all over myself trying to get the shots I imagined in my head. Needless to say, only about 3 or 4 turned out how I had thought in my head.

Good luck.

One thing is that she needs to learn how to apply makeup. She kind of went half and half on lips and eyes. She needs to pick one. In this particular case, I'd say she should focus on her eyes, and go a little more on them. Or, just forget both.

You did decently well for your first time. The first time I shot a model, I was falling all over myself trying to get the shots I imagined in my head. Needless to say, only about 3 or 4 turned out how I had thought in my head.

Good luck.

Yes I agree I asked her if she had makeup with her to fix it and she didnt bring any.

Thanks
-Puma-

Most reactions

Back