My First Shoot With My New Camera . . . . .

TAG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
. . . . . Got Canceled. I had a full day off with a nice sunny day and light snow falls. Only I sprained my ankle last night at my part time job and I'm unable to walk today, and likely will be the same tomorrow. I've been really hard on myself lately. I've been severely limited by my freshly dislocated shoulder and now this. I've been looking forward to this day since I got my camera. It looks like now I only get one real day to practice before my trip. On another note I did get to finish the first book of Scott Kelby's Digital Photography, and started the second. I also ordered Understanding Exposure and Scott Kelby's book on using Photoshop CS3. I'll finish the second book tomorrow and then I'll just have to try to get some more practice in before I go on my trip. Then the books will be waiting for me when I get back. Well there we go a useless post, but I had to tell someone my sob story right.

-TAG

Don't be so hard on yourself. Even if it were a shoot for someone else, it can wait. I remember putting off shooting before my WV trip and then feeling like a noob when I went out there but, you know what, I still got to practice different settings and compositions on the trip and got what I think are some decent shots (I took at least 1000 shots between 2 cameras and at least 100 if not 200 were decent shots imo). Even if I went back now with more practice, more reading and more lenses in my arsenal, I don't think I'd do much better.

It was not that I missed a shoot. or that I missed it on a good day. It's just the first day I had to go shooting with the new camera that really disappointed me. Up until now I've been limited to taking photos indoors of my brothers cats.

Most reactions

Back