my first shot with D70, not PSed

photomania

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i shot some pics nearby with d70 (18-70mm)recently, seems ok with me. i did not use photoshop (just resized them). do u have any suggestion? thx

(edited* photos r too big, just modified...)

13309.jpg

2203.jpg

2236.jpg

1404.jpg

2358.jpg

WOW. The D70 sure does handle colours well. I want one I want one.

As for the images I think the sky in image 3 and 4 are a bit dark. Give them a lighter blue.

photomania not a bad start, with the camera. I agree on the too deep of sky blue.

I like the concepts of the shots as I am a big architectural shot fan. I think compositionally though they might have been more interesting.

Have a look at Arthur Leung's last couple of photos in his Hong Kong thread.

Each building that I see, to my eyes makes a statement somehow I always try to find that statement that the architect was trying to make and capture it using the buildings geometric lines to draw the focal point to it.
Terry

trtjazz said:
photomania not a bad start, with the camera. I agree on the too deep of sky blue.

I like the concepts of the shots as I am a big architectural shot fan. I think compositionally though they might have been more interesting.

Have a look at Arthur Leung's last couple of photos in his Hong Kong thread.

Each building that I see, to my eyes makes a statement somehow I always try to find that statement that the architect was trying to make and capture it using the buildings geometric lines to draw the focal point to it.
Terry

thank you Terry, I am quite new in this field (I mean taking photos although I l have been loving in it for years.) I will learn more from those good photos.

I used to have this misconception that using photoshop is some sort of a lowly stuff that "not-so-proficient" photographers does that to enhance their images.

But later I realized that, like as in analog shooting, the process of creating an image does not end the moment you "click". There are many steps involved till you get the final print. Its the same case with digital photography. The only difference is that Photoshop is the darkroom. Make full use of it! :)

ahelg said:
WOW. The D70 sure does handle colours well. I want one I want one.

As for the images I think the sky in image 3 and 4 are a bit dark. Give them a lighter blue.

yeh, I am also satisfied with d70, as you can see, the color is quite attravtive and real (except I try to describe the blue sky too deeply) even if I did not use photoshop.

danalec99 said:
I used to have this misconception that using photoshop is some sort of a lowly stuff that "not-so-proficient" photographers does that to enhance their images.

But later I realized that, like as in analog shooting, the process of creating an image does not end the moment you "click". There are many steps involved till you get the final print. Its the same case with digital photography. The only difference is that Photoshop is the darkroom. Make full use of it! :)

Yes, I totally agree with you. In these photos, I just want to show some original photos of d70, because d70 is quite new to me and I do not know if d70 is as good as film cameras. And I personaly think that d70 is a powerful camera. Anyway thanks.

photomania said:
danalec99 said:

Yes, I totally agree with you. In these photos, I just want to show some original photos of d70, because d70 is quite new to me and I do not know if d70 is as good as film cameras. And I personaly think that d70 is a powerful camera. Anyway thanks.

Awesome! I thought you had some sort of aversion to PS like I used to have.
Have a great day photomania! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back