My First shot with D90/Nifty Fifty C&C Please! Nature shot

BoostedHoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just received my D90 and Nifty Fifty and had to get a shot in before the sun went down. i took many pics but only one or two keepers :er:
C&Cs are welcome! personally i couldn't get some of the yellow followers to look sharp :grumpy:

3818915391_ea69df16be_b.jpg

just received my D90 and Nifty Fifty and had to get a shot in before the sun went down. i took many pics but only one or two keepers :er:
C&Cs are welcome! personally i couldn't get some of the yellow followers to look sharp :grumpy:[/IMG]
Where was the focus point? Depending on where the focus point is and the aperture and focal length used, the flowers may not have been within the DOF of that particular shot.

What are the shot specs/exif for this shot?

Image really doesn't do much for me...too busy, no main subject. Test shot?

Probably motion blur, you were on shutter priority at f/22 and 1/20 of a second for this shot.

I'd try it again with a tripod and see what happens, I really like the scene (flowers, waterfall, etc).

From the EXIF:
Auto exposure, Shutter priority AE, 1/20 sec, f/22, ISO 200

Probably motion blur, you were on shutter priority at f/22 and 1/20 of a second for this shot.

I'd try it again with a tripod and see what happens.

From the EXIF:
Auto exposure, Shutter priority AE, 1/20 sec, f/22, ISO 200
Hmmm...I used Opanda iExif and got nothing. What are you using to read exif?

thanks for your comment!
yes this shot was mostly a test shot than anything else.
honestly i was too excited about the new equipment to think too much about the artistic value.
it was focused on one of the yellow flowers on the left corner. it was very bright with reflected light from the water presented a tough shooting condition for me.
---------------------edit-----------------------
when i said it was a test shot i meant the reason for using f22 .
i wanted to see how the lens would handle at extreme ends.
i did not mean to ask you guys to C&C on a image that holds no value.
i appreciate any and all comments that can help toward improving my skill ;)

Last edited:
What happened to your shot information? I thought I saw f/8.0 @ 1/2000 or something like that.

What happened to your shot information? I thought I saw f/8.0 @ 1/2000 or something like that.

i was looking at another picture's exif value and got confused :lol:
sorry

If you were shooting for the flowers, maybe you should try a larger apperture, shorter exposure time and/or lower ISO. Just saying. Those plants in the back don't really need to stay sharp and even the waterfall wouldn't be that big of a deal if it blurred out a little.

Most reactions

Back