4)
DSC_0037.jpg

5)
DSC_0019.jpg

6)
Day23.jpg

7)
DSC_0005.jpg

I realize that none of them have a composure that's interesting, I was just wondering how I'm doing in on the technical stuff.

Last edited:
You are shooting with an external battery pack on a D40? Why?

I like 3, it's the only one with some sort of interesting setting. The wood is peeling making it look good.

Oh and I see in 2 and 4 you are focusing on the subject of the fly and the bee. May I suggest a macro lens, that way you get a much better shot, close up, detail, and a great looking picture if you know what you're doing.

Congrats on the new camera. I think they look good. Looks like #2 might be a little under exposed. The focus seems a bit soft and there is a little noise in a few of them. I assume probably low light/higher ISO. Overall looks good.

You are shooting with an external battery pack on a D40? Why?

I find the extra grip that it has makes the D40 more comfortable, in weight and size. Plus I like charging batteries ;)

I like 3, it's the only one with some sort of interesting setting. The wood is peeling making it look good.
Oh and I see in 2 and 4 you are focusing on the subject of the fly and the bee. May I suggest a macro lens, that way you get a much better shot, close up, detail, and a great looking picture if you know what you're doing.

Thanks, that's my favorite out of these shots.
Yea, I think that a macro lens will be my next purchase. Next time I have a few hundred dollars to spare.

Congrats on the new camera. I think they look good. Looks like #2 might be a little under exposed. The focus seems a bit soft and there is a little noise in a few of them. I assume probably low light/higher ISO. Overall looks good.

Thank you.
I was thinking #2 was underexposed too, it was shot at 1/500 F#5.
Light is definitely low today, my ISO is on auto, and I have noise reduction off.
Thanks again.

5 looks really nice man, I just got a d40 and have been messing around with it.

Thanks aramator, and papapumps.

I did some PP on 2, 3, 4, & 5.

2 v.2)
DSC_0072-1.jpg

3 v.2)
DSC_0071-1.jpg

4 v.2)
DSC_0037-1.jpg

5 v.2)
DSC_0019-1.jpg

The noise in #4 is really obvious now but the bee looks better.

post more! im getting a d40 and i wanna see some exmples of what it can do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back