My first shots!

Firefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are my first shots with my DSLR, taken at a friends house yesterday.

080308%20Maddy-B.jpg

080308%20Flowers.jpg

080308%20Chris.jpg

I've been thinking about that last shot quite a bit today. I like how the picture seems balanced with him on one side and the rock thing. I hate the ugly green chair that's up front but he didn't know I was taking the picture, so I couldn't exactly stand up and move it. :lol:

Nice comp, but I think they all need some TLC in pp :)

:lol: I did some pp, with my limited knowledge of photo editing in PSE. What other adjustments should I make?

I would like to see the originals. It may be easier to pp them.

Here you go! :)

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

hmm, they're on the same website as the edited versions. I shrunk them a bit, did that help?

Yes, I see them now, thanks! I will see what I can do and post them back.

The pictures that you posted ended up being very small pixels, so it was impossible to get the best results. However, I did mess around with this one (which was my favorite) and came up with something less saturated and made the dog stand out just a little more.

You should be able to do very little pp to the originals to achieve a nice result, because I think the originals are not too bad to begin with. Maybe lighten, sharpen, crop, etc? This is what I came up with and I'm almost hesitant to post it because it isn't something that I would call a final product, but you get the idea.

IMG_0050.jpg

how did you blur the background but keep the dog sharp?

how did you blur the background but keep the dog sharp?

Do you have photoshop? If so, I just used the lasso and selected the dog, and then selected the background ... blur ... gaussian ... and you can adjust any strength that you want. I made sure to blur enough so you would be able to see what I did.

Like I said, this was just an example because of the low pixels and by the time I copied it off the forum it was a little difficult to make it look nice. However, you could do this with your original picture.

Thanks a bunch! I'll give a try later and post the results! :)

How about this?
080308%20Maddy-B-1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back