My first SLR camera

Black_One

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, as the title says, i have one question. I've seriously considered about buying a camera, something good for beginning. What would be the best to buy ? I've read that SLR cameras are quite good and professional , so please recommend me one for start. I'm gonna use it for paintball/nature photography and I really need your help. It's just a hobby.(maybe something bigger later ;) )

Thank You, Nicolas :thumbup:

have u got a price range :) ?
hw much do u wannt spendd!

well im not sure about paintball ive never been into that

so i have no idea what zoom range you would need for that

butif ur into nature ur going to want a telephoto zoom lens

id look at getting a Nikon D40 or used D70s or a canon 30D
ur best off going into a cmaera store and trying some canons sonys and nikons and getting an idea of which bvody feels comfortable to you

well im not sure about paintball ive never been into that

so i have no idea what zoom range you would need for that

butif ur into nature ur going to want a telephoto zoom lens

id look at getting a Nikon D40 or used D70s or a canon 30D
ur best off going into a cmaera store and trying some canons sonys and nikons and getting an idea of which bvody feels comfortable to you

Thx for helping m8 ;)

btw, what kind of lenses do you recommend ?

well, as i said for paintballing i have no idea

i imagine somethng with a fast aperture (low F number) would be best suited to get a nice subject in focus and a DOF

Hi, my friend is into paintball photography. I do know he has a Canon Rebel XTi with a Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L

I recommend the following:
Canon Rebel XTi $569
Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 USM $560

well, as i said for paintballing i have no idea

i imagine somethng with a fast aperture (low F number) would be best suited to get a nice subject in focus and a DOF

DOF isnt just about f/number you can use the focal length to your advantage also... You dont want to completly isolate the person in paintball either, you kinda wanna see stuff around them sometimes too like the bunkers...

d70s is a good one but it's faced out by nikon, that's what i'm using.
d80 would be good i think, around $900?? wide lens for nature photography and a macro, 400mm i guess for paintball cuz you don't wanna get close to them, they might shoot ur camera with their paint balls, lol.

DOF isnt just about f/number you can use the focal length to your advantage also... You dont want to completly isolate the person in paintball either, you kinda wanna see stuff around them sometimes too like the bunkers...

Hi, my friend is into paintball photography. I do know he has a Canon Rebel XTi with a Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L

I recommend the following:
Canon Rebel XTi $569
Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 USM $560

as i said im no paintballing genious.

the above setup looks good, id still recomend trying to grab a Canon 30D though over the XTi for roughly the same price, much faster FPS to capture the paintballing shots and faster AF for focusing on those instant hit and miss moments

as i said im no paintballing genious.

the above setup looks good, id still recomend trying to grab a Canon 30D though over the XTi for roughly the same price, much faster FPS to capture the paintballing shots and faster AF for focusing on those instant hit and miss moments

Thanks, I agree, I change my mind to 30D :p

I'd say at least a 70mm lens. Will you be inside the play field? If so, I'd recommend a zoom lens, maybe a 55-200.

The D60 is nice, you can get a lense pack (2 lenses, 18-55 and 55-200, both with VR), a memory card, 2 UV filters for the lenses for just a bit under 1000 (1100 with 3 year protection plan (if you drop it, they replace it)).
Thats what I picked up at best buy. Now the thing is with the D40, you cannot find the body itself, it comes with a lense, but the lense the D60 comes with is much better.

I'd recommend a waterproof housing... camera+paint splatter=bad. :lol:

Most reactions

Back