My First SOLO Wedding

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saturday I had the pleasure of shooting this wedding for Chad and Sarah. This was my first solo wedding, I have been a 2nd shooter for a professional before. I have another wedding this weekend so I would like your opinion on what I could have done better or what I did right so I may use that info on my upcoming wedding Saturday.

IMG]http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww193/Missdayz/_DSC00591.jpg[/IMG]

_DSC01491-1.jpg

_DSC0168.jpg

_DSC02201.jpg

_DSC00591.jpg

Can you post the originals? Personally, I think the PP on all of these photos is WAY too much.

I didn't do any PP on these at all except vignetting and the selective coloring on the bouquet. So is it the vignetting you don't like?

I didn't do any PP on these at all except vignetting and the selective coloring on the bouquet. So is it the vignetting you don't like?

It's a little excessive. I like the photos, but the vignetting takes away from their beauty!

Yeah, I'm not a fan. What do the shots look like without it?

This is the only original I have on the computer that am on right now.

_DSC01491.jpg

This is the only original I have on the computer that am on right now.
I like this original one more. Did you use a fill flash?

Good composition!

No fill flash. My biggest battle of course was lighting, it was noon on a extremely bright and sunny day. Beautiful for a wedding, not so much for photography. My nit pick was the blown out sky in the original, that's why I chose to do white vignetting and convert to b&w.

No fill flash. My biggest battle of course was lighting, it was noon on a extremely bright and sunny day. Beautiful for a wedding, not so much for photography. My nit pick was the blown out sky in the original, that's why I chose to do white vignetting and convert to b&w.

You did great especially without a fill flash. I guess their glases do not help you much :confused:

Good job with your first wedding :thumbup:

Vignetting vignetting vignetting, scrap that. And work on composition, though some of these are better centered, most aren't. Have you dabbled in post processing?

Ha ha ha, I personally LOVE vignetting. But it seems people either love it or hate it. I feel like it helps me draw attention to the subject.

I don't do any PP, I don't have photoshop...YET. My new Mac should be here sometime this week, then I'll put CS5 on it. I'm so excited. I'm only able to play around with PP on Photobucket, they have a few tools that you can play with.

I find the vignette fine in the first image, but way over done to the other images.

Take the image with the girl hiding behind the bouquet. Its a cute image, but the vignette is too harsh. I agree that it helps to draw attention to the subject, but I find that you could of shot this image better and drawn the viewers eye more to the subject.

I dont like how she is centered on the frame, the vignette seems to be the band aid to remove the extra clutter that is around her in the frame. Maybe looking for a different shooting angle and being mindful of the background when taking the image. Backgrounds are harder to manage when you are doing candids, but this seems posed enough that you could of moved her.

Moving her into a better light would also help get some light on her face...that or angling her chin up slightly so her left eye (camera right) isn't so dark.

You could of also zoomed in on the person and fill the frame up with her face and the flowers more... longer focal lenght = shallower DOF = blurrier background.

all of the above applies to the second image. No real reason to get all that head space on top of the subject, and yet cutting his feet. I could see a higher shooting angle (so you are looking down on him) and much much closer in to his face...and then another one where you are further out, dont cut his feet, and his head is not smack in the middle of the frame.

I've seen a trend here in the last few months where people think that throwing on some post processing is a cure for images. While it can help images, as I find it helped in your first, you should aim at getting images well composed, angled and exposed in camera.

So, here's a tighter crop and no vignetting? Yay or nay?

_DSC02201-1.jpg

I like that one, but with out photoshop I understand it is a lot harder. I would bring her face up meaning lighter(brighten) and the flowers up just a tad also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back