My First Split lighting Portraiture. Critique welcome.

Jasii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Friends,

Do help me by offering me critique on my first Split Lighting Portraiture.

"An old man with an awesome soft gleam in his eyes that looked both romantic and electric. A lifetime of memories swelling like an ocean, pulsated in those eyes. Eyes that were as brown I had ever seen, My eyes darted to his headdress and sweater, both incidentally brown too, AhHa! the gent was fashion conscious too. ;) He said nothing, but accepted the glass of Chai that I offered him and than the magic unfolded as the left side of his face lit up and lay bathing in the warmth of the last rays of the setting sun. Split lighting is what the Photogs call this spectacle and here was I, enjoying it, as nature taught me the finer nuances of photography in this Himachali remote village. Progressive ain’t it? ?

My pounding pulse ratcheted up a few notches as I hurriedly made this shot. They say: “No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky” but this wise soul looked at peace with himself, the fetters unchained a long , long time ago, it seemed……….."

Split lighting Portraiture by jasiiboss, on Flickr

How is it split; zero to 100?

:lol: I felt like I was reading Lee child.. Is this the photograph of a frame that you printed? This one looks a little soft, do you happen to have the copy for the actual image? It'll help people to get you better critique.

:lol: I felt like I was reading Lee child.. Is this the photograph of a frame that you printed? This one looks a little soft, do you happen to have the copy for the actual image? It'll help people to get you better critique.
Hi Raj!
Thank you for your visit, This one was shot as a group photo with these gents in a Chai shop, The background was an ugly wall, I cropped the image to this one gent, because I thought he looked lovely with half his face lit up. My fetish for frames caught me and put in a digital frame to the pic. The pic is soft because I missed focus on this gent.
Rgds,
Ps. Has the new cam arrived?

Hi Raj!
Thank you for your visit, This one was shot as a group photo with these gents in a Chai shop, The background was an ugly wall, I cropped the image to this one gent, because I thought he looked lovely with half his face lit up. My fetish for frames caught me and put in a digital frame to the pic. The pic is soft because I missed focus on this gent.
Rgds,
Ps. Has the new cam arrived?
That's a shame, it'd be so great had you hit the focus. It's a nice image nonetheless! :)
Yes, the new camera arrived on sunday and I've already posted a few samples from it as well. :)

well, the first thing that came trough my mind is ... it's a shame that's soft

Most reactions

Back