My first sunrise shots, for C & C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday morning I woke up around 5:00 AM for a quick washroom run and the next thing I knew I was heading out and catch the sunrise. I picked this location because I liked the contrast between the hydro towers and the sunrise/sky. Plus, I figured the towers would help with perspective. Thought I'd post a couple of my favourites for your consideration.

P1040512-EDIT.jpg

P1040416-EDITbest.jpg

P1040471-EDIT.jpg

P1040344-EDITbest.jpg

anyone who gets up at 5:00am to get sunrise shots should NOT be called "Lazy Photographer" :lol:

LOVE the shots btw. #1 is my favorite.
what kind of equipment do you have?

anyone who gets up at 5:00am to get sunrise shots should NOT be called "Lazy Photographer" :lol:

LOVE the shots btw. #1 is my favorite.
what kind of equipment do you have?

Yeah, until yesterday I didn't even realize there was a 5 in the AM too!!!! Who knew! :lmao:

I'm using some pretty high end gear here. A four year old panasonic 5 meg point & shoot. :D

i just saw your location and it says Toronto ... where in Toronto did you end up getting these AMAZING shots?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you...

The location is at the Kennedy Rd & Lawrence Ave hydro corridor. I live down in the Beaches, so it's not far from my home. I'd considered shooting the Leuty Lifeguard Station on the lake, but everyone and his brother takes sunrise photos of that things and they're all likely going to be better than anything I can achieve with my wee point & shoot.

For what it's worth, I used the longest shutter speed (I think it's one second) and ISO 80 and the colour effect set to warm. I also used auto bracketing to ensure I'd catch something I could use. The camera was on a tripod.

Here's another shot I think came out pretty good:

P1040453-EDIT.jpg

Last edited:
hey ... i'm still alive :lol:

anywhos, thanx for letting me know of the location. its kinda far for me as i'm located towards the west end of the city.

i'm surprised to find out that those shots came from a P&S camera. :er:

There's got to be a hydro corridor near you too, I bet.

Yeah, to be honest, my sh*tty little camera never ceases to amaze me too. I want to upgrade to a Nikon D5000 or D90, but I keep thinking I'd probably get away with a Panasonic LX3 point & shoot. It's 10 times the camera I own now and has full manual controls. The real plus is it's very portable. It takes stunning shots too, for a point & shoot.

Most reactions

Back