My first thread on the Photo Forum

DoctorDino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow, my very first thread. The first post on the Photo Forum is the birth of the account, the first thread is different... the first thread is the growing-up of the account.

Unless the first thread is the account's first post. Then it's still a baby account that will probably grow up too fast and will get involved with bad stuff when it's in high-school and rebel against it's parents. "Shut up, Dad! This isn't a phase! This is the REAL me! Pentax is my life now!"

I don't even know what I'm saying.

Anyway, what should I post with my first post? A landscape? Nah, too easy to mess up. A portrait? Aw naw, that could go south quick.

How about a leaf? A single, simple leaf, that gracefully fell upon my windshield
after I put it on my windshield one drizzly day.

After a quick edit, I have the file beautifully saved as leafforthephotoforumlol (1 of 1), but how about we call it "Falling Down"
leafforthephotoforumlol (1 of 1).JPG

Any comments, criticisms or suggestions?

I definitely look forward to posting more.

Cut back on the energy drinks, Doc!

I'm not too sure about this image. It's good that your background is soft and focussing seems to be spot on. But generally it just doesn't happen for me. Maybe a bigger, more colourful leaf? Morning sunlight on the glass? Don't know, but keep shooting. :adoration:

Try not to center the leaf, unless it fills the frame. I'd crop off a bit of the right side: it would push the leaf to the right and give you a diagonal from the darker background.

The leaf on a crosspoint of the rule of thirds would be a stronger image. I think there is some collor cast. adjust the collorballance to less purple.

The problem as I see it, is that you chose the wrong leaf. That one's dry(ish) and isn't sticking to the windshield. A properly wetted leaf will completely stick to the glass, transmitting its full glory. Then with a little OCF (very little) you could bring out the detail of the leaf structure without creating a glare or tell-tale reflections. I'd demonstrate, except that all leafs are buried under at least two feet of snow, and it's -10C outside, so water on the windshield is out of the question.

The problem as I see it, is that you chose the wrong leaf. That one's dry(ish) and isn't sticking to the windshield. A properly wetted leaf will completely stick to the glass, transmitting its full glory. Then with a little OCF (very little) you could bring out the detail of the leaf structure without creating a glare or tell-tale reflections. I'd demonstrate, except that all leafs are buried under at least two feet of snow, and it's -10C outside, so water on the windshield is out of the question.
Listen to this man!!! Wise, he is!!

Listen to this man!!! Wise, he is!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm just another blind man wandering in the forest. Occasionally, a tree trunk impresses itself upon my forehead, and I get a moment of awareness. :oops:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back