still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
it was cold. brrrr. :(

and windy....

and I was sad.... because I wanted nice sunny, happy, "oh let's go fishing on the wharf" type pictures.

But then secretly I because happy again... because dreary is good.... dreary is moody. hahaha. :mrgreen:

Well anyway.
Please let me know what you think. Which one you prefer and why? Or what I can do to make them better. I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time up near this jetty so will be able to reshoot in a variety of conditions.

Colour version
IMG_9176-Edit_punch.jpg

Black and White version
IMG_9176-Edit_punch_BW.jpg

Thanks for looking.
- Vicky

Yeah, I like the B&W version also. It gives more of a "mood" to it. Nice shot.

I like the 1st one because the water is more defined.

On my (not-calibrated) screen, the colour version appears with a slight blue cast, which I think is a good thing as it suggests that it was cold on the day you took the picture. This feeling is lost in the B&W version. Also I think you did a great shot with the composition. Howeever, I'd like to see the same picture without the people in the background.

I really like the color one best. It seems to tell it's own weather forcast; rainy, windy, and cold. The B&W one is good but the color one just seems to tell it's story soooo much better. good job

My oh my, what an image. I too favor the black and white one as well. I feel its a stronger image in black and white rather in color.

Chris!! Oh my god.. I'm honoured!

I think it's the first time I've been nominated. hehehe :) I feel so special! Thanks!

And everyone else... thanks! but you've just made my decision so much harder..... because people like both. Sooo.... maybe I'll do something really arty and combine the two - or something weird. Or I'll just print out the colour one really big and hang it in my house.

I am going to make the centre top bit of the sky and bit darker though - because I feel it's a little bright for the mood.... or I could make it brighter as though the sun's coming through.

ohhhh I just don't know. :confused:

But it's great to hear everyone's comments.

Next time I will try different people combinations and positions for sure.

Congrats.

Blue was my choice also as the color gives a much colder feeling.
And I like how the blue seems to highlight the wet dock a little more.

And I like how the blue seems to highlight the wet dock a little more.

That's my boyfriend's favourite bit of the blue one. and yep... I've decided on getting the coloured one printed.

very professionally done, color = better for this picture.

ooooooooo!

The mono is EXCELLENT!

Most reactions

Back