My first time developing!

AFarhat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

Over the weekend I developed my first two rolls of film ever. And I have to say, it was awesome! I am pretty sure I messed up on the time, because I didn't have a proper thermometer, so I believe I over developed them. I like how they turned out though, and the fact that I actually made them from the film. Its really a great feeling, here are a few from the two rolls.

This was also my first time shooting with Ilford Pan F 50, It was tricky, but a lot of fun.

Any tips for developing or suggestions on how to improve my photos are always appreciated.

bridgeman.jpg

pittock.jpg

skyline2.jpg

IMG_20150314_0009.jpg

Thank for looking!

Nice! There's something very therapeutic about seeing that strip of plastic come out of the tank!

Yay! Isn't it exciting to see those images on the film? :boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

I love Pan F, it's a really lovely film. You did pretty well considering you didn't have a thermometer. The highlights are blown in a couple of places, but otherwise you got a really nice tonal range and smoothness to the images.

But get yourself a thermometer!! Temperature affects developing time and you'll get better results with more precision.

I also recently started doing my own developing and know that feeling! That looks like a nice film, perhaps I'll give it a try. You really do need a thermometer, though it doesn't need to be very expensive - mine cost about 4 or 5 euros.

Welcome to The Analog Club!

I also recently started doing my own developing and know that feeling! That looks like a nice film, perhaps I'll give it a try. You really do need a thermometer, though it doesn't need to be very expensive - mine cost about 4 or 5 euros.

Yeah, its a very cool film. and i'll be getting a thermometer this week.

Welcome to The Analog Club!

Glad to be here. ha

[/QUOTE]

Good. Now, about your dues.............. :048:[/QUOTE]

Oh boy... is there a test too??? Im not sure I'm ready for such a commitment.

The Analog Club!
:applouse: Love that !

To OP, welcome and congratulation on choosing a medium, which requires a lot of art on the top of knowledge. Have a fun on this "discovery ride". :encouragement:

Good. Now, about your dues.............. :048:[/QUOTE]

Oh boy... is there a test too??? Im not sure I'm ready for such a commitment.[/QUOTE]
Oh be ready ! Sparky just jumped back into darkroom printing and is pumped up. Which is good. For photography in general. Darkroom printing. It is there, where most of the analog photography magic happens. Consider thinking about that your dues. :1219:

Good. Now, about your dues.............. :048:

Oh boy... is there a test too??? Im not sure I'm ready for such a commitment.[/QUOTE]
Oh be ready ! Sparky just jumped back into darkroom printing and is pumped up. Which is good. For photography in general. Darkroom printing. It is there, where most of the analog photography magic happens. Consider thinking about that your dues. :1219:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think once I start getting more comfortable with developing, I'm going to start putting together a dark room for printing. Seeing your negative is awesome, but from what I've seen, its something else when you see your print come together.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back