My first try at Digital

JonnyD70s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

These are the first digital shots from my new D70s. I have been a black & white photographer for 3 years and using this camera has been amazing BUT confusing! This is also one of very few attempts at close up shots using depth of field to my advantage. I find it as enjoyable as landscape (my strength) so i would love to get advice on things like composition etc.

I am up for every single bit of critisicsm you can give me, and any good points too!

Thanks and enjoy (hopefully!)

1. My lovely dog Georgie:

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

4. Distortion

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

Not happy with 6, 7 and 8...:er:

Dude these shots are wicked...Once u're familiar with photography it doesn't matter if it's digital or vintage.(Excuse me I meant flim...fm....err...film that is.):wink:

I agree with you on 6-8 but the others are good.

Thanks mate! I have a lot to learn about digital because it seems to be much more complex than vintage (i call it that too, sounds better ;)) although there are many similarities.

Cheers

Thanks nitefly. There's nothing better than using the dog for experimenting with DOF because its a moving object which you can order around to wherever is needed. Although my dog is as dis-obedient (someone correct my on that spelling) as possible!

I really want to get a bigger lense now, does anyone know the best place, or website in the UK to hire lenses?

hey thanks, i think 6, 7, 8 are kind of there.....but i have problems with composition, and i haven't focused on the daffodils well either! tbh my garden isn't the most attractive of backgrounds so it leaves me to use things like flowers in the foreground.

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back