My first try at engagement photos C&C please!

Nice work! I love the lighting and colors. I do think some of them are a little too heavy with the contrast. Some of the dark colors (like his suit) are losing detail. For the first time though I think these are awesome!

Gorgeous girl. The one of them lieing in the grass I would get rid of the flower and shoes. They are distracting. Nice lighting. Maybe a bit too contrasty but I can never tell since I tend to be heavy handed with it in pp too.

Nice work! I love the lighting and colors. I do think some of them are a little too heavy with the contrast. Some of the dark colors (like his suit) are losing detail. For the first time though I think these are awesome!

Thanks! I will definitely keep this in mind.

Gorgeous girl. The one of them lieing in the grass I would get rid of the flower and shoes. They are distracting. Nice lighting. Maybe a bit too contrasty but I can never tell since I tend to be heavy handed with it in pp too.

Now that you've mentioned it, I think it's a little distracting. Thanks for the input.

BTW, can someone show me how to post the photos directly on the thread? It's been a while and I forgot how to...:blushing:

Now that you've mentioned it, I think it's a little distracting. Thanks for the input.

BTW, can someone show me how to post the photos directly on the thread? It's been a while and I forgot how to...:blushing:

You want to right click on the correct image size in Flickr, Select Properties, and Copy the link displayed. THen when posting click on the picture/camera icon and post your link. Voila! you have a posted image in TPF!

Not too bad. The shot of the bench in-focus and them out of focus is horrible. Just awful,and pointless. The shot where he has only one eye peering out looks bad too. #2 is pretty good but I am not sure why the flowers are so,so OOF--that looks like a Photoshop gimmick,and I think it would have been a wonderful shot if the glowers had been in focus and not so wildly OOF. The shot of the boquet and shoes, and the final shot converted to sepia tone are decent. They are a nice-looking couple,so that also helps make your work look a bit better.

You want to right click on the correct image size in Flickr, Select Properties, and Copy the link displayed. THen when posting click on the picture/camera icon and post your link. Voila! you have a posted image in TPF!

Thanks!

Not too bad. The shot of the bench in-focus and them out of focus is horrible. Just awful,and pointless. The shot where he has only one eye peering out looks bad too. #2 is pretty good but I am not sure why the flowers are so,so OOF--that looks like a Photoshop gimmick,and I think it would have been a wonderful shot if the glowers had been in focus and not so wildly OOF. The shot of the boquet and shoes, and the final shot converted to sepia tone are decent. They are a nice-looking couple,so that also helps make your work look a bit better.

Thanks for the feedbacks. I shot the #2 wide open with the Canon 85mm 1.2L ii while laying on the ground, therefore the DOF only covered the couple's upperbody.

I spend a good bit of time on here checking out what people are posting.... and I have noticed so many times how negative your posts are. Your advice is often good but you really need to learn how to talk to people. Using words like "horrible" and "aweful" is completely unnecessary. Photography is art... it's self expression... so when someone is putting a piece of themselves out there you really should be more considerate.

I spend a good bit of time on here checking out what people are posting.... and I have noticed so many times how negative your posts are. Your advice is often good but you really need to learn how to talk to people. Using words like "horrible" and "aweful" is completely unnecessary. Photography is art... it's self expression... so when someone is putting a piece of themselves out there you really should be more considerate.

I seldom use the word "horrible" or "awful" unless the work merits those words. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannyphan/4985034064/

You state that these photographs are "awesome", so clearly we are at very different ends of the spectrum WRT to the quality of these "links". Welcome to the internet. Check my thanked post count while you are busy tearing me a new one. Have a nice day!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back