My first website

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by Lol999, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

Hi folks, just finished first website containing my work. I know it needs more images and they will come, but here it is anyway. All comments are welcome, and sign the guestbook if you like! The address is http://www.17minutes.co.uk

Cheers, Lol

2. bethany138

bethany138 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, I really enjoyed your site. I love the stories that go with the pictures. Very well done.

On the technical side -

Maybe a banner at the top with your site name - maybe a photo in it.. on each page... they are kind of bland.

A "next" button in the galleries, it gets kind of annoying going back to the main page each time.

Well done though!

b

3. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

Thanks. I put a piece at the bottom of each page with the site title on. I guess there's different potentiual ways to navigate through the pictures but i chose to do each one as a separate "story". I guess as I get more pictures and the site evolves the design might undergo an overhaul.

Cheers, Lol

4. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

Just an update folks. After much sweat and tears I now have a database driven gallery feature on my site and a load more photos. The guestbook is down at the moment as I have moved hosts but have a look anyway. All comments regarding site or photos are welcome.

Cheers, Lol

5. j_mcquillen

j_mcquillen TPF Noob!

Nice photos and the design is good... but I'd be a bit put off by the legal disclaimer... "You have no rights, so tough" is basically how it comes across... a bit aggressive. I'm sure there's a better way to word it, but still get the info across.

6. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

I think I'd had a rough encounter with a photo subject that day so was feeiling a little "bullish". I'll perhaps tone it down a little sometime:mrgreen:

Lol

7. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

How beautiful... i nearly cried. Good on you for doing what you do.... you're sadly so right in that these pics may be the only proof of their existence. You sound like a very special person! Keep up the good work... the world needs more of you xx PS... The story about steven made me laugh mid-cry.... how gorgeous xx Sorry, was too moved by the content to critique the actual site LOL

8. Lol999

Lol999 TPF Noob!

It's very kind of you to say, I just feel strongly about certain things. i guess it's just me own little soapbox!

Cheers, Lol

9. bethany138

bethany138 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes..much better. the banner at the bottom helps tie the site together. I don't remember if you had the gallery link on the individual photos before, if not.. works as a next button. Great site!