P1020317.jpg

P1020341.jpg

P1020337.jpg

P1020334.jpg

P1020331copy.jpg

P1020215.jpg

P1020239.jpg

P1020240.jpg

I like all of them but on the first one.....it's so BRIGHT!! I can't tell any detail on the dress but I do like the selective color. What is your set-up for this shoot?

I'm sure you see but on the third one of them cutting the cake, its really out of focus. I had this problem alot. On the LCD, it looks great, but on the big screen it's different.

The marriage license shot is my favorite. One thing for me is you could have softened up the flash a little bit but I still like it.

For a first wedding I think it's great. How many did you end up taking?

Good job

~Michael~

I took a total of 193 and kept about 120 or so. I am still working on editing them. These are my favorites, is their anything else I could do to edit them better? A lot of them have a little grain so I tried sharping, then reduce the noise, then I add a soft focus on them. It was my very first wedding, I just hope my customers like them.

I took a total of 193 and kept about 120 or so. I am still working on editing them. These are my favorites, is their anything else I could do to edit them better? A lot of them have a little grain so I tried sharping, then reduce the noise, then I add a soft focus on them. It was my very first wedding, I just hope my customers like them.

Do sharpening last - reduce the noise then sharpen slightly. I try to avoid the soft focus filter. It's ok on one or two images.

Do sharpening last - reduce the noise then sharpen slightly. I try to avoid the soft focus filter. It's ok on one or two images.

I agree. I do everything else in processing color and getting rid of noise, then sharpen last, but very slightly. A little bit with the original size image, and then a little bit more after resizing for web viewing. It should make the photo pop.

Thanks so much everyone. I will re-edit the ones I have done and continue editing the ones I haven't. I really appreciate the tips, a new photographer always needs them! I am ready to learn!
Do you think I did okay pose wise? Composition wise?

I think #6 is a stand-out. Just a bit of cropping to center the couple... maybe a slight boost of contrast in the B&G.

Pete

Attachments

• $P1020334.jpg
    $P1020334.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 62
Sure, I used the Sunpak auto 383 super for the external w/ a diffuser on it and bounce the light from the corner of the temple. Its cheap but its does it job fairly well.

Now I've been able to see the images (couldn't access from work) here's some comments. Don't take them the wrong way I'm really tring to help.

1. Is pretty much way over exposed. No detail in flowers or in the dress or the wall behind...... Is it the edit that over exposed the image or was it like this? I'd have expected a bit of underexposure due to the white dress and wall.

2. The white balance looks slightly off here. What are you using to edit your images? This can be fixed. Also looks like a slight underexposure fixed in editing.

3. Focus is way off. Looks like focus is on the wall half way between the B&G and the people in the background. Again the WB is off and it's slightly underexposed.

4. Not sure about the pose really but I like this one a bit.....

5. This one has a bit of a colour cast going on and looks pretty soft. Take away the soft focus effect and it will look better. Also remove the colour cast.

6. Nice image but again I'd probably remove the soft focus effect.

7. Looks a bit warm but nice nonetheless.

8. Great pose but the image looks very dark. I wonder if your flash has enough power? See my 2 minute edit as I believe it's easily fixable. Maybe more time would get it even better

9. Is out of focus or has been softened way too much. Remove the soft focus and also if it is out of focus, be careful with the closest focusing distance of your lens. Also way underexposed.

10. Using an off camera flash would have removed that bad shadow located over the shoulder of the groom. The image itself is a couple of stops under exposed too.

Don't want to sound too harsh because for a first time, they are ok. Many can be processed better too. This is a quick 2 minute edit of my favourite image.

Untitled-2.jpg

Keep practicing and learning. Read lots.

Thanks for the advice, I know their not perfect, Its my FIRST wedding! ha! I really do appreciate the advice, thats the only one someone can learn. Thanks for the help EOS JD!! I will play around more in photoshop. Oh you asked what program I edit them in, typically either PS3 or PhotoImpact, is their a better program?

Most reactions

Back