My first wedding coming up in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at all the photos, Look at them good. For three months I'm pretty sure i'm better than 99% of the people who have been taking them for as long as I do.

I'm signed to a record label. I play 4 shows a month. the rest is used to learn learn learn.

It doesn't matter how many days or months someone has been doing something. It's how many hours of those day he spent practicing of studying.

Oh and I call bull****. For someone who spends this many hours of the day studying you think you would know this eh.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/207695-what-f-stop.html

:confused:

Look at all the photos, Look at them good. For three months I'm pretty sure i'm better than 99% of the people who have been taking them for as long as I do.

I'm signed to a record label. I play 4 shows a month. the rest is used to learn learn learn.

It doesn't matter how many days or months someone has been doing something. It's how many hours of those day he spent practicing of studying.

Oh and I call bull****. For someone who spends this many hours of the day studying you think you would know this eh.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/207695-what-f-stop.html
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Well caught!

Are there seriously photographers out there shooting weddings with this attitude?

Whatever your motivation, passion, and drive is for shooting, it will show through in your results. If you're in this because you love taking pictures and being a part of the most important day of peoples lives- that's what will show though in your work.
If you're doing it to get as much money out of people as you can, not really giving a crap about how you do it, that will show too.

Seriously.

Hey, can you pass that over please? :sillysmi:

See, this is why I am not a 'pro'. I am quite disappointed in what I see in the OP's opening post.

See, this is why I am not a 'pro'. I am quite disappointed in what I see in the OP's opening post.

The OP's post is hardly representative of "pro" photographers.

Unfortunately, I think it's a lot more representative of professionals than it should be. There are two basic groups in the full-time photographer category: Those that take pictures because they can make money at it and those that make money because they can take photographs. Sadly, "professional" only means that you make at least part of your income from the job. NOT that you're actually good at it.

I know quite a few 'pros', and though some are indeed nice people, too many are not.

You can't define "pro photographer" by the people who fail to live up to the standard you believe that title requires. If you don't like the way people represent professional photography, then it's up to you to show them what it really means through your own professionalism.

Grammar is well at the bottom of the list for necessary professional skills. Photoshop youtube tutorials first, followed closely by weight lifting for the necessary strength to hold your clients in the air by their ankles and shake any loose change they have left from their pockets before they leave your studio.

Grammar is well at the bottom of the list for necessary professional skills. Photoshop youtube tutorials first, followed closely by weight lifting for the necessary strength to hold your clients in the air by their ankles and shake any loose change they have left from their pockets before they leave your studio.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: You owe me a new keyboard!!!!

My bro hired 2 photogs for his wedding. One guy shot video, and some inexperienced 23-25 year old kid shot the photos with a Canon 350D and a telephoto and macro lens. Well, apparently, the man who was supposed to shoot photos went to do another wedding, and sent his son... and yes, he took the good camera, a 30D and prime lens etc. with him. Yes, his son watched his dad do it since 15. No, he was not professional. The photos were only good IMO.
Lesson is just make sure the photog you hire shows up unless there is a real good reason why cant, such as his death or alien abduction, death of parent, child, spouse, etc. If the man says he's booked another wedding and doesnt show up after signing a contract and getting deposit, sue him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back