My first wedding part 2

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Taryn, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Taryn

Taryn TPF Noob!

I'm not sure if anyone is noticing the link on my first post. If you have a minute, please check out the photos on this website, and let me know what you think. I'd really appreciate your opinions!

Thanks again!

-Taryn

http://sourpuss.net/photos/jjwedding/intro.html

2. alexanderhip

alexanderhip TPF Noob!

I think youve done well on your wedding photos. Ive shot 2 weddings before, it can be hectic, probably better to have an assistant that way you can cover everything. I found that my first one, the wedding ceremony, it was over so quick. I took a more candid approach to it, and thats the kind of shots i was looking for. I prefered to shoot the reception, i had much better shots.

Good work.

3. Jdog

Jdog TPF Noob!

good work, my only advise is to get a camera with auto bracketing...with weddings you only get one shot at it. And shoot a whole lot of film.

4. Taryn

Taryn TPF Noob!

Thanks for the compliments and the tips! Alexander, I'd love to see some of those wedding pics that you've done. Are they available online somewhere?

Jdog, what is auto-bracketing?

-T

5. Jdog

Jdog TPF Noob!

it is a feature on a camera the takes 3 shots for every time you hit the shutter release...one shot is at the exposure you set, one is 1 stop overexposed and one is 1 stop under.

6. Taryn

Taryn TPF Noob!

That sounds like it would eat up a lot of film and add a lot of expense to the developing... Do you shoot a lot of weddings?

Do you happen to know if there is some kind of a doomahicky I could add to my viewfinder to help me frame shots in a way that I could see the difference between cropping options (5x7, 8x10) to make sure I leave enough space around the subject for picture frames once the photo is printed? (This is one thing I need practice with. I noticed a lot of cut off feet in my photos)

Thanks again!

-Taryn