My first wedding! yay! C&C please!

that edited version by kellylindsey needs to be taken off- it simply sucks

I think this comment should be taken off as it simply sucks. The reason it sucks is that you didn't say why it sucks. It's one thing to not like something and give some reasons for why it doesn't work in your opinion and another to just flat out be disrespectful and totally NOT helpful in any way whatsoever.
Does it make you feel good myopia to troll around on the internet and start fights? Grow up.

Oh and some feedback for Sara too:)
1.) I like the idea of this shot, but I think the flash sort of kills what could be a cool idea of having the flowers in focus and the bride not. Also she is doing something weird with her arms that is distracting too.
2.) Not digging the profile view and it's really out of focus. When I get shots that are this out of focus, I have no choice but to toss them:(
3.) Looks a bit underexposed.
4.) I like this one. It needs a little brightening up and the color looks kind of red or pink or orange to me.
5.) Like this one too but it's underexposed. Try lightening it up some.
6.) I like the intimacy of this one, but I'm not too keen on the angle or crop. I think I'd like to see a bit more of the groom's face and less room on bottom and more on top. Her lips look a little weird too like you caught the beginning or end of the kiss.

For what it's worth, these are better than my very first wedding I shot!

It was a less than 2 minute edit.. it isn't the best edit nor did I claim it to be. I do feel more PP is needed in these, maybe not to the quick extreme that I took that photo.

Sara,
For a first wedding I think the photos you showed are pretty good. Some tips for the future would be to be really keen about the exposure and white balance. You have a little underexposure going on, and you have what is to me, a tad bit heavy red channel.
As stated, the second is completely out of focus. I like the action going on in it, so you might consider slapping a heavy texture on it. That way it looks intentional. *wink*
Overall though, from what I've seen here, you did pretty well for your first time.

Most reactions

Back