My First Wedding

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't the hired photographer, but the photographer was a friend of mine, and shes pretty new at photography so she asked me to come along with her to take shots just incase hers didn't turn out. It was a long day (i was the musician for the wedding) so the day started early.

day started beautiful... then it poured rain (and i mean poured) I got some decent shots of the day... I love stuff like this, because no one was relying on my shots so it gave me the opportunity to mess around... got some great photos though for a portfolio so I can have something to show other people who need wedding pics done..

check them out.. theres still a little bit of photoshop work to do...i.e. people in the background in the bench picture... but they are mostly done.

http://homepage.mac.com/cburke5/otherphotos/donnanwedding/index.html

Nice work! I didn't browse through all of them, but you got "close enough" . Some of them have some technical issues like white balance, minor blown highlights (white dress + black tux can drive the metering on the D40 crazy), and on a bunch some fill flash would have helped a lot. For the most part there's nothing that can't be improved on even with just JPEGs with some post-processing work. :)

those were really good! i enjoyed them alot!
i really like the way you framed some of the pictures

Very nice Chris. I think that the post ceremony shots out in that park or something are the best.

thanks a lot guys. it's deffinatly some of my best shots. I've done a few portrait sittings before, but this is the biggest thing I've done, and the bride and groom are 2 really good friends of mine, so I wanted to do a good job. The shots after the wedding are deffinatly my favorites, I've never been to that location before, but it is awesome!! I wish we had more time out there, we were there for 2 hours, but the rain just killed us, there were some other really cool spots to take pictures, but we had to get back for the reception (we were only 30 mins late) there was a really cool one room school house that I would have LOVED to get into for some shots.

I totally know what you mean with the dress, man it was driving my camera crazy!!!

I think the shots by the fence are the best.... especially those with the bouquet on the fence.

Oh, and the one where the people are lifting up the bride and groom to kiss is just.... odd. LOL

very nice first time shots!......until you shoot an event yourself, you don't have a full appreciation for what it entails, at least I didn't....

The shots are decent enough but I think you might have sort of blew n opportunity here. The worst thing to do when you are a second photographer is to shoot over the main photographer's ahoulder and I get the feeling from these that that is exactly what you did. The best thing to do in a situation like this is to shoot everything else so the people have a different perspective.

The shots are decent enough but I think you might have sort of blew n opportunity here. The worst thing to do when you are a second photographer is to shoot over the main photographer's ahoulder and I get the feeling from these that that is exactly what you did. The best thing to do in a situation like this is to shoot everything else so the people have a different perspective.

however, the reason why I was asked to come along is because the photographer was not 100% confident with her skills (shes very new with a DSLR) and she wanted me there just incase her shots didn't turn out, therefore she wanted shots from the same perspective, and its a good thing I did it to, because I was showing her my shots today, and a lot of the ones I got, didn't turn out on her shots...

I really loved most all of the sepia ones..
Good job!!

the very last one with the umbrella and the river running in the background is definitely my fav. it's beautiful!

exactly.. coz i can see that many of your shots are from the same angle and slightly off angle of the main photographer.. try different angle, it would be more interesting!

don't forget one thing, call them up and ask them to smile! "ocay guys, 1 - 2 - 3 smile!~" and shoot! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back