My first wedding

woojiebear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...as an assistant shooter
i was pretty nervous and suddenly felt like i had never touched my camera in my life! when i got there the photog told me he has never used any of an assistant's photos...
but.... he text me the other day to say he used 60 of my images!! that was encouraging at least!
here are a few...

18.jpg

22.jpg

38bw.jpg

52-2.jpg

58-1.jpg

77.jpg

86-2.jpg

90.jpg

93crop.jpg

96crop.jpg

99bwcrop.jpg

102bw.jpg

103.jpg

117bw.jpg

105bwcrop.jpg

65.jpg

Untitled-1bw.jpg

Nice job! It looks like it was a fun wedding too :)
I just did my first assist a few weeks ago and I know what you mean about feeling like you don't know how to use your camera all of a sudden! I was a wreck!

But, the photographer used 60 of my pics too actually :) I'm shooting with her again this Saturday.

Nice job! The pics really came out nice.

There are a few odds and ends that should be fixed up, mainly composition things. I would think that once you get over your nerves, these things will become more aparent when you are shooting

#3, you cut off one guy's shoot
#7, the spatula serving thing is a bit distracting at the bottom of the image (I thikn thats what it is, the reflective triangular thing)

The groom looks like he over tanned or something in the last image, his skin tone is weird. Might be natural, I dunno.

I really love the second pic of the kid holding the rose. Awesome capture. Not something that would make it into an album, but its a really nice picture!

thank you both very much!

funny that we both had 60 keepers lyncca :p good luck saturday!!
hopefully i can book another one again soon! the practive and experience was worth so much!

yes i agree with you biwtwinky...i didn't even notice the little spatula thingy below the cake..might have been able to take it out even :S next time..haha
and ya...the shoe, i did indeed cut it off :S
his skin tone is actually naturally like that, it looks dark in all the photos.
and....the photos of the kid with the rose is actually one my fave shots from the whole day. altho i wish i could have controlled the dof more with his tie.

thank you again :)

Oh I just love number 2! But his face is tooo cut off for me. He should be framed more to the left in my opinion. On the rest of the set I love the colors, sharpness and saturation. Nice job.

I like the BW images! Good job!

Darn good job I'd say. I especially like #3.
You've captured a lot of joy and laughter
that certainly looks unposed which I'm sure
it was.

-Bob

Child Photography

Awesome pics!

I really like the b&W's.
Especially the cake cutting picture.

Mind if i ask what gear you use?
Im aspiring to to the same thing hopefully i can do half as good as you lol

Great job ... I like # 2 and 3 ... 3 looks like an album cover

I looked at the first several and scrolled through (glanced at) most of the rest for time's sake, but it looks like a good set of photos. The cake photo could've used a diffuser and reflector, though.

I have to say, I love the bride's gown!!! And her fingernails!!!!! :) (Though I don't like the look of the "missing fingers" in that photo....) And the bride-and-groom balloons in the background of one photo - how cute!

The lighting, focus, and smile on the bride in #1 are soo perfect. It's too bad the groom looks like a goon with his eyes closed. It sucks when that happens...

Most reactions

Back