My First Wedding

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by elsaspet, Sep 5, 2005.

1. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Apprenticing under another much more experienced wedding photographer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the shots your color looks great. The first shot is nice but I would crop it so the couple isn't so in the center.

Great shots. Love the wine glass shot.

3. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Cindy....? really? your first? I thought you had a few of these under your belt by now.

I like the first one quite a bit. Tell us a bit about how you made it.

The other "stuff" shots are quite nice. I wish you had a chance to do some of YOUR style. I really think your approach would be perfect for a wedding. The "street stuff" that you do.

Nice job!

-Pete

4. CrazyAva

CrazyAva TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the last one the best. However, they are all very nice.

5. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Pete (and everyone!). Nope, just the first, but hopefully more to follow.
    I took the first one from the photo below. I have about 20 or so variations of this set, all the rest with the water in the photo, just a few different crops and expressions. In this photo, they have forgotten I am there, which is exactly what I wanted. To me this photo showed their relationship with me long forgotten. I didn't want this photo to be about her dress, or the water. I wanted it to be about their relationship. I left a lot of wall there because to me, the expanse of the wall area, pushed them in even closer, reinforcing the relationship portion of the photo. I know, I'm probably overanalysing the crap out of this, but.......
    I'll be apprenticing under a few different photogs for a while. I wanted to learn the standards, but I will surely be sneaking more and more of my own style into the photos as I go along. In the longrun, I want to shoot (like you so aptly put) a more real, streetstyle method. It's hard for me to interject that when I'm working under someone else, but I hope to base my future business off of that. I managed to sneak a handful of those type shots for my own personal advertising usage. ;) Luckily, I understand that PJ wedding photography is quite the fad at the moment. Hopefully, by the time I get my future business together, it will still be. :mrgreen:
    Thanks again for looking, and for the comments. Original uncropped photo below:
    [​IMG]