Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome. Thanks for looking :)

#1 $DSC_0051.JPG

#2 $DSC_0435 (2).jpg

#3 $DSC_0462.JPG

#4 $DSC_0503.JPG

#5 $DSC_0515 (2).jpg

As LG said, they have some pretty serious exposure issues. In addition to that, there are also some focus issues as well, or motion blur due to too slow of a shutter speed. I'm on my phone so I can't see the exif if there's any embedded.

1 appears to have been popup flashed, and has some pretty extreme exposure variations.

The crops and composition are another thing entirely.

Photo 2 offers little of interest. The subject is underexposed and doesn't look engaged or in a moment he's hoping to remember. It just doesn't do a lot for me. There's a tilt too.

3 is centered, and too tightly cropped.

4 is mainly just too tightly cropped and pretty severely underexposed.

5 is probably the best photo, but the conversion is muddy and the background is a little much.

What was your gear setup for this wedding? And was it a commissioned event? If it was shot for free, then that's fine... But this is not the type of work that should be paid for IMO. Apologies for being blunt, but there could be a lawsuit in your future if you're not careful.

This looks like it was a fun wedding to photograph based on their choice of attire.:thumbup: Have to agree with the replies so far but some can be enhanced by a bump in exposure. Not a fan of the processing style in #4.

The last three seem too close-up.
#2 is pretty good, but the man could of been better if he was on the left side of the picture, not the right, since he is looking to the right.
I'm new to Photography, but that's my opinion.

Underexposed, and too tightly framed! I love the "green" silver in the rings...

What was your gear setup for this wedding? And was it a commissioned event? If it was shot for free, then that's fine... But this is not the type of work that should be paid for IMO. Apologies for being blunt, but there could be a lawsuit in your future if you're not careful.

[ PhotoME ]
PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[ Overview ]
URL: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...7d1358808761-my-first-wedding-dsc_0515-2-.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 1,625.4 KB
Creation date: 9/8/2012 15:11
Last modification: 1/21/2013 18:58
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera: NIKON D3100
Lens: AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G
Software: GIMP 2.6.11
Dimension: 1800 x 2279 px (4.1 MP, 3:4)
Focal length: 28 mm (equiv. 42 mm)
Aperture: F4.5
Exposure time: 1/100" (+2 EV)
ISO speed rating: 1600/33°
Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Preset
Focus Mode: Manual
Image Stabilizer: On
Noise Reduction: Off
Flash: Flash did not fire

The background is really throwing me, that wallpaper is very busy & distracting. I know you couldn't ask them to redecorate for you ... but aside from exposure issues, some lighting might have pulled the people out a little, separated them from the stuff behind them.

I did this for free for a friend. They loved the pictures. I didn't use the flash during the ceremony. The ONLY lighting I had was the large window. I was between the couple and the window so I wouldn't block everyone's view. Thanks for the critiques

Use this as an example for that other thread where the dude wants to do a wedding with a d3100.

[ PhotoME ]
PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[ Overview ]
URL: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...7d1358808761-my-first-wedding-dsc_0515-2-.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 1,625.4 KB
Creation date: 9/8/2012 15:11
Last modification: 1/21/2013 18:58
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera: NIKON D3100
Lens: AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G
Software: GIMP 2.6.11
Dimension: 1800 x 2279 px (4.1 MP, 3:4)
Focal length: 28 mm (equiv. 42 mm)
Aperture: F4.5
Exposure time: 1/100" (+2 EV)
ISO speed rating: 1600/33°
Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Preset
Focus Mode: Manual
Image Stabilizer: On
Noise Reduction: Off
Flash: Flash did not fire

Why manual focus I wonder? Lol

It doesn't too dark for the AF to handle.

Use this as an example for that other thread where the dude wants to do a wedding with a d3100.

It's not the fact that it's a D3100.

No, that's not the sole factor, but it's a huge one. I have not seen any 3100's perform well at a wedding. I say this having owned one and loving the camera. It's a great entry level camera, and does a fine job. Just does not belong at a wedding IMO. Even with great lenses, its performance can't handle what is needed for a good wedding. Notice I say "good", sure it "will work" but not "good".

Really not sure why people like to argue this, no entry level camera belongs in a wedding, period.

Pallycow said:
Really not sure why people like to argue this, no entry level camera belongs in a wedding, period.

Unless they're a guest... In which case they better stay the F- out of my way while I'm shooting the damn formals!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back