my first woman and child shoot

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
since the birth of my "studio" (which is nothing more then some bedsheets pinned to the wall in my parlor. lol), ive been getting a few calls from people who want headshots or portraits. but i just got a request for a mother/child shoot. since ive never worked with young children before, i didnt know what i was getting into. man was it tough getting him to stay still. then all the crying and flailing started. but sure enough in true child form, he soon passed out, and from there it was a breeze.
let me know what you think. im still working on my light set up, so any help/critique/comments would be appreciated.

-aspects

2.2.jpg

3.2.jpg

4.2.jpg

1.2.jpg

7.2.jpg

6.2.jpg

5.2.jpg

Agree you did a great job with these.. Im glad the baby soon enough fell asleep to make this more enjoyable for you and mom there...

yeah i didnt notice the bobby pins till after post production, but i didnt want to edit them out. the jewlery on the otherhand does not seem to overpower the image too much. maybe ill try editing out the clips on one of the pics just ti see the difference, but ultimately i think theyre gonna stay.

thanks for the comments so far. i can always use more.

im almost ashamed to say it, but essentially its something like this...

60127.jpg

halogen flood bulbs and no diffuser make for pretty harsh direct lighting. but im working on it.

Don't worry, I'm working with a similar set up too. One of these days I guess I'll invest in better lighting...but since I prefer to work outdoors, I think I'll wait:)

I find the posing and lighting in #1 to be my favorite.

Beautiful work! You have captured the mothers love for her child. Critically I am not crazy about the teddy bear. Maybe a bounce card or something to open the shadows.

Most reactions

Back