my friend ben

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
any comments welcome, particularly the first thoughts that come to mind :)
ben.jpg

First thought: Whoa! Second thought: Everything about NZ looks like mars or some other galaxy far, far, away, even the cities! As a rule I do not like to see the subject's back. In this frame it works perfectly! Was this taken recently?

maybe a little over exposed in the foreground, but some burning would fix that right up.

great picture otherwise

Immediate thought: "Where is he?" But ok, then I saw the whole photo ;)
Second thought: "Auckland skyline, I recognise it from the wonderful night photos with tripod :D"
Then: "Nice atmosphere". But we don't really get to "meet" Ben, do we?

ya, what wwjoeld said (but be careful! not too much)

and after that, you have an absolutely outstanding shot. the motion in the water is fantastic. great composition.

ooops, one more thought- think about isolating the sky by masking everything else, copy to another layer, and boost the contrast. would bring out the clouds.... (you did say you are in PS, right? if not, ignore this last thought with my apologies)

this is wonderful... very contemplative.

The composition, the distance between the city and the person creates a sense of solitude. Simply wonderful.

Tammy

I agree with Craig about usually not wanting to see the subject back. But I think it works in this photo, and I like it, keep up the good work mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i had to sneak this shot of him because he usually tries to pose or make goofy faces. So taking a picture from behind his back seemed to be my only option! Think it turned out ok.

cheers all for your comments and suggestions.

Most reactions

Back