My Friend Pete-Candid.

Graelwyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with my new 40D, right after first starting it etc and adjusting a few settings. Not planned, thus no proper studio background style lol.

IMG_0018-1-edit.jpg

I really like the crop you have, and how his black shirt draws the attention to his face. Nice job!

Very nice. The highlights on the face are a little strong for my taste, but overall good job!

Thanks guys, looking forward to doing more portraits, albeit with proper backgrounds.

Don't sell "the real background" short; that image with the just barely focused books in the background is perfectly suited to the look of the subject. In fact, I would say that is worth re-shooting; a little fill on the right side, and position him/you so that you have a more even background, just rows of books if possible. That one is good, but it's a little jumbled.

I agree with tirediron ... again (there is a theme here). I think real backgrounds are great in many situations. I agree, try to re-shoot. Also, to me, his glasses look broken. Shoot without or watch the angle on them.

Most reactions

Back