LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Img_0394.jpg

It presented itself nicely during the 6 hours of "snowy" winter we had last week.
What do you think?

Yeah! Yeah! The colors worked out wonderfully!

What about a bit of perspective correction?... streighten out the vertical lines, since there're so many of them. Repetition of form is one of my FAVORITE elements of compsition.

Thanks for sharing the image!

-Pete Chrisite

I like the composition. Is that a coincidence that the pine combs match the colour in the house. It has a Gingerbread house feel to it.

Yes, Canoncan. It is mere coincidence. I was cycling around the village, trying to get some snow photos, since that (see above) was the most snow we ever had in this winter, and - like I said - it lasted for 6 hours only, and came past her house, took a photo of the front, then set out to go home at last, saw the side, the colour coincidence of the already blooming hazelnut tree and the elements of the wall and thought: hey, fairy tale scene!

I later gave her this photo as a large printout and she was enthusiastic about it. Felt good :).

Pete, I could change the perspective but won't ever get back this scene - lack of snow, you see?

Thanks for the snowman, Adrian.

And Pete: did I say no new angles on the house in the snow because we no longer have any?
My - how wrong was I!
We got dumped in 2 1/2 inches within the past two hours (only). Plus the temperatures are well below freezing point, so this time it's going to stay! I might as well go for a walk with my camera in my pocket and try out a few more angles?

(And today is the meteorological beginning of spring...! Though not the calendarial...)

I agree about fixing the slight tilt - but I like the overall feel of the image. Has a certain coziness to it.

Tuna

I think I like ther vertical lines as well. Normally I like lines going any which way but when you have so many in a pattern it's nice to have it consistent.

Most reactions

Back