My friends photo

xDarek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of my friends photo.He asked me if I can out his photo because he want to know what he did wrong.He is not speacking English so he can't put it.I told him that the picture is dark and unfocused and there is a lot of noise.The image is not good at all but he wants to see what do you think :D.He did it with a phone.What do you think??

Attachments

• 12188944_654801291324026_7590608463676318923_n.jpg
    12188944_654801291324026_7590608463676318923_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 100
He is trying to get two distinctly different subjects, so neither one stands out. The fountain is done fairly well, a little crooked, but cropped too tight on the top. The flower needs more light on it.

He is trying to get two distinctly different subjects, so neither one stands out. The fountain is done fairly well, a little crooked, but cropped too tight on the top. The flower needs more light on it.
Thank you!

What he has in mind is a nice idea; he needs focus on the flower and the fountain will seen diffused and will surely come out best i think; as of now the water art is focused well and the rose appears as just an unwanted intrusion....

Regards :)

What he has in mind is a nice idea; he needs focus on the flower and the fountain will seen diffused and will surely come out best i think; as of now the water art is focused well and the rose appears as just an unwanted intrusion....

Regards :)

Sent from my SM-G386F using Tapatalk

I like the concept and don't have any problem with the darkness, but I think your friend has set himself a difficult challenge, although someone with more experience might suggest this isn't as much of an issue as I think.

Right now, the subject - and the focus - appears to be on the fountain. The DOF resulting from the camera settings, though, causes both the background (good) and the rose (bad) to be out of focus. However, since the rose is almost as significant an element as the fountain, being out of focus makes it an interference rather than an asset to the picture.

If your friend was able to bring both the rose and the fountain into focus, this would lend roughly equal importance to both elements. I would crop out the bud on the right, though, as it doesn't really do much, and I'd also probably add some light to the rose to make it stand out more.

The shot is probably best done in vertical orientation to eliminate the distractions from the sides. I usually borrow another cell phone and use the flashlight on that cell phone to brighten up a foreground object in shots like this. The cell phone flash is usually too much light.

Most reactions

Back