My friends Saleen mustang

Scud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went out today for more practice, my friend let me borrow his mustang for 20 minutes. These are 2 of the shots i had time to PP i have 6 more ill post later. What do you guys think?

4439401578_5089d0bbd8.jpg

4438623635_1ff399e1ca.jpg

Owning a Mustang obligates me to like the car.

The pictures however... I like how you got down low. You're on eye level (headlight level..) with the car and that's a good thing imo.

The biggest problem is the setting as far as my opinion goes.

#1 doesn't really showcase the car. There's a lot of sky and it steals attention away from the car. The reflections are kinda harsh on this one too.
#2 shows the car better but there's a bunch of stuff behind it that's pretty distracting.

I think the silver color makes it more difficult to photograph, something like 'grabber blue' would naturally 'pop' much more.

On both, the sky is either blown out or just a crap weather day - if the latter, don't even have the sky in the picture, use the wall as a backdrop.

Also a lot of people say pointing the wheels at the camera helps for a good car photo.

I'm new to this stuff as well, but I wanted to try and give you some idea as to what to watch out for next time.

Thanks for the feedback, im going to be shooting this car again this weekend so ill try and get a better place to shoot. i only had like 20 minutes and went behind publix :)

er... where's the number?

3 valve or s281sc?

my brother has a silver 2007 s281 SC, such a fun car, can't wait until the summer to get some shots of it!

here are some tips i try to live by that I got from a photography friend

-Centered is rarely best, use the rule of thirds and get some good 3/4 shots and straight on shots
-Angles can be good, but at the same time not so good, so be aware of your horizon lines and crop them straight (usually stand back a bit further to leave room for rotating and cropping)
-The background is not just noise, so be aware of the background and make it interesting, take it with a background that you'd be interested in taking a picture of without the car
-Camera elevation, get up high or get down and dirty, don't take pictures where you can just stand and look at
-Avoid backlights, even in the sky, just be aware
-High ISO / high-speed film is no substitute for a tripod... simple, bring a tripod and remote
-Avoid midday sun it usually doesn't end with much good, you may get lucky but early or late in the day is best
-Adjust your aperture for a nice background, bokeh ;)

better lighting and find flattering angles of the car. every car is different

Scud,

I like shots of autos from down low. :thumbup:
The light post in #1 kinda distracts me. Also, I think the color on the CMU walls doesn't fit the shot. Need a colder, more industrial color for the right feel with these shots, IMO.

Thanks for all the feedback. ill get the other shots up this afternoon but they are at the same place so they prolly wont be much better

Most reactions

Back