My Frist Buddhist Wedding

genophotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.genophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In October I had the pleasure of photographing a wedding in which they had both a Christian and Buddhist ceremony. It was amazing. The bride and groom are both Buddhist, but wanted some more "traditional" photos so they held a Christian ceremony in addition to their traditional ceremony. I thought I'd share some of the photos from that day.

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

Hi Carrie,
I'd love to see the photos. They aren't showing up here. Can we help you in the uploading process?

Hmm...they are showing up for me. I wonder what's up. Any suggestions? I'm putting them on here from my winkflash account since they are thumbnails on my site.

I'll try them again, via a different method. BRB with those.

wow, those shots are amazing...j/k...still can't see anything yet. That would be an awesome wedding to go to and be a part of. I'm a Christian myself, but technically I used to be a Buddhist since it is basically just the search of enlightenment...I like to think that I have now been enlightened (sarcasm). I still don't have a clue about God and why he likes us so much...but so be it. Can't complain about Grace too much I guess!

yes, they are showing up, and I'll stick to my first post's response, they are amazing. Good job. Can you explain the wrist bands on the bride at all, you have about three shots showcasing the wristbands, I'm guess it is a Buddhist ritual of some sort.

At the end of the ceremony, each family member and friend are given strings. They pray a blessing for the couple and tie one onto each wrist of the bride or groom or both. During this the bride and groom are each holding: a banana, an egg, a paper, and rice. Each item symbolizes some aspect of good fortune (I am sorry but I don't know what specifically). So by the end of the prayer/blessing they have their wrists covered with strings. It was so beautiful to watch. So very personal and warm. I am so very thankful that I was able to be a part of their day. It was my favorite wedding so far!

Hi and welcome. These are nice shots overall. What a wonderful expererience.
Besides the first one, and the last two, I'd love to see more contrast in the images. You have so many wonderful colors there, but in many of the images, the colors fall a bit flat.
Overall though, the rest is really fun.

like the senior images, keep the post production consistent.

like the senior images, keep the post production consistent.

looking back on these now i noticed the error with the senior portraits, these too have had degrading between my comp and the posting here. i will fix that later tonight after supper or tomorrow morning.

thanks everyone for your comments!

agree with cindy....the pics are great, just need a boost of contrast...are you shooting raw? raw images are low contrast, sharpness and saturation so you HAVE to boost that in your editing process

very neat...his sash looks like a picnic table cloth though

Here I reuploaded the images:

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

I hope those look a bit better as far as focus. I also tried to play around a bit with the levels to make them darker. I feel like a few are verging on too dark though. Probably not though, like I had mentioned before I really shy away from darks in my art/photography I don't know why I just do.

Most reactions

Back