My girl.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After ordering it and it being on back order, I finally got my Glow 38" Parapop Octabox yesterday. My daughter asked to open the box and help me put it together, so I let her and tried to explain why it was different than the other modifiers that I have. Well I got her to stand up for a minute to do a headshot when I got it ready.

Man, I didn't realize how much different it was going to be versus my umbrellas and the 24" softbox that I have. I really love this thing. Here is one of the images that I did some retouching on. (I'm not a good retoucher at all.)

32794472545_a209fd984c_c.jpg

WOW! That's nice light, and good retouching work. I think you might have done a tiny bit too mcuh teeth whitening in relation to the sclera of the eyeballs. I'm wondering, "How much of that is the modifier and how much is the retouching?", yet still, this is pretty high-quality photography work you'e showing off here...this looks Hollywood!

The degree of soft, diffuse glow you've got in the skin highlights looks very nice. Very nice! The quality of the shadows looks really nice too-open, not too dark.

Thanks @Derrel. Here it is without all the retouching. All this one has is changed the color profile, fixed the WB, and pressed Auto in the basic panel. (Yeah, I probably did take the teeth a little too far)

octaboxtest-29.jpg

I prefer the natural tooth color. I see there's not all that much retouching...this looks like a pretty good light modifier for this type of photo.

So is this the 38" Glow Parapop modifier you bought?

Glow ParaPop

Thanks. Yes that is the one. And I am using that Streaklight 360 barebulb flash of Adoramas with it. I have a really great go anywhere light system now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't need another modifier.. I don't need another modifier.. I don't need another modifier.. Or do I??

Love the light on this.. not sure about the retouch looks like her cheek got distorted on the right but that's not why you took the pic anyways. Gotta check one of these things out

Love the light on this.. not sure about the retouch looks like her cheek got distorted on the right but that's not why you took the pic anyways. Gotta check one of these things out

Thank you. Yeah, the retouching was just me playing. If you click on the images and toggle between them, you can see that it was a subtle change, where I was attempting to add blush on the cheek bone and lighten up the redness above it.

Very nice Ron, now I want both things, I need to stop visiting this site, my wife's gonna poison me.

Very nice Ron, now I want both things, I need to stop visiting this site, my wife's gonna poison me.

Thanks @jcdeboever. I know the feeling, my wife keeps rolling her eyes when I get another package in the mail. My only saving grace is that the money is coming from using the equipment. ("reinvesting")

Most reactions

Back